Dr Mario Almanza at Emmanuel Medical Center

lindybonser
on 8/4/08 6:40 am - Medford, OR

Has anyone used or heard of Dr Mario Almanza at Emmanuel Medical Center in TJ

liveinphx
on 8/4/08 7:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have not heard of him. It seems like most of the folks on this board have used surgeons that advertise on this board, so more folks use them, so more folks comment on them and so on. When I was doing my reserach I found a number of excellent surgeons in TJ that I had never heard of on the board. The surgeon I eventually picked was an excellent choice for me and the hospital was top notch as well. You may want to ask Dr Almanza if he can give you some contact info for other patients he has worked on.
Also carefully evaluate information you get from posters here. My experience has been that some folks put out information that is inaccurate, out of date and at times just plain untrue.
Sorry I could not help with info on Dr Almanza or Emmanuel Hospital.
wannabhealthy45
on 8/5/08 12:15 am - Canada
Yes actually, he was my surgeon!!!  I had my surgery on July 13/08 at the Emmanuel Clinic.  He is sooooo awesome.  I went with a group and he did all 7 of our surgeries.  He is a very nice man.  He does not speak much english, but he did a great job.  My incissions are awesome to.  They healed wonderfully and won't leave much of a scar.  If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a note :)

Marg

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

liveinphx
on 8/5/08 12:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am so glad you had such a good experience. Welcome aboard the weight loss journey
wannabhealthy45
on 8/5/08 12:19 am - Canada
Thank you :).  I am soooo excited to be on the road to a healthy life!! :)

daisha1216
on 7/23/09 2:36 pm
I'm having VS on 8-25-09 and a little bit nervous, but I'm also ready to get it over. Going there alone. Can you offer any advise?
wannabhealthy45
on 7/23/09 2:58 pm - Canada
Hey, that is awesome...congratulations.  I'm actually going back on Sept 2 and getting a revision to the sleeve on Sept 3.  It's different now, but I've heard nothing but good things :).  Feel free to PM me and we can chat and maybe exchange the stuff we know about and help each other out :)

daisha1216
on 7/24/09 2:31 pm
Hi,
When did you have your first operation done? Are you going there alone? I wish I knew someone could travel with me there. I do not like traveling alone. It is also nice having you to chat and share information with. I would also like to know if there are any special things that I will need to take with me to Mexico?
brendashaddon
on 9/6/08 2:07 am - Sweetwater, TX
I haven't and want to proceed with surgery, of gastric sleeve.  Every other doctor wants me to lose weight first though..  Brenda
d7layman
on 12/19/08 7:52 am
I too was given a list of "red tape" to get through to have my surgery so, I decided to heck with it and scheduled to have surgery in Mexico.  No, it's not covered with my insurance but I have already contacted my doctor here in Oregon and told her of my plans and she is all for it and will follow my care when I get back.  My bmi is 41 and my mexican doctor only asked me to follow the pre-op diet which starts the day after christmas
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 307 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1089 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1660 views