Did you need a passport? Was told you can go without 1

NevaehKelly
on 3/27/11 7:52 am
I was told people forget or lose them alot while there for surgery. The officials will be mad but as long as you have your driver's license and birth certificate you can get back in to the US. Anyone ever heard of this?

hollykim
on 3/27/11 11:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I think a drivers license and birth certificate USED to be all you needed,but I believe that has changed. what I have read is that if you have PROOF that you have applied for a passport and it doesn't arrive by the time you travel,that the proof document will be accepted.

I personally wouldn't chance it myself,but good luck with wht you choose and with your upcoming surgery.
Holly

MARIA F.
on 3/29/11 4:47 pm - Athens, GA

You will need a Passport now! If you are pressed for time you can travel to a Passport office or you can pay extra and have it expidited.

FormerlyFluffy.com

SEXYBBW86
on 3/31/11 4:08 am
YES U NEED A PASSPORT CARD
walmartian
on 4/4/11 10:32 am, edited 4/4/11 10:33 am
I just got back, and I somehow managed to forget my passport! I didn't even have my birth certificate, or proof of purchase for a passport either. I panicked and called my co ordinator at 11 pm, and was told not to even worry about it.  Mexico doesn't check anything when you go in, and coming home, the US guard barely even looked at my Driver's License or my sister's passport. (And there I sat with my old work id, student ID, and pistol permit plus a ton of papers with my name on them, ready to cry whine and beg--but did not need them)  They did ask  our (Mexican National) driver where he was going, what he was doing, etc. The guard didn't seem even mildly bothered either, much less 'mad'.  The driver had told us on the way down not to bother going to the Embassy to get an emergency re-entry passport (one use only) as the worst that ever happened was you go into a room for secondary questioning that takes maybe five minutes, and even that almost never happens unless the guard is having a bad day . Obviously, if you have some kind of felony on your record you might get questioned, but otherwise, if you don't have time, don't sweat it. If some national emergency like 9/11 happened, then I guess you might need to go to the Embassy in the city where you are getting your surgery and wait in line and jump the hoops, but other than that i'd just go on down before I paid a pile for an expidited Passport.
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING THIS IN CANADA! LOL

Monique B.
on 2/13/12 4:49 am
Walmartin Im using Dr Kelly also. Can you add me
walmartian
on 2/13/12 6:43 am
I'm already your friend :) Any questions, fire away!

michelle mazie
on 4/30/11 2:01 pm - Grandview, WA
I used the enhanced drivers license. Its good as long as your driving in... Had no problems with it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 339 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 526 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1120 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1700 views