pretty down but not out yet

samslim
on 7/19/11 11:28 pm
Well i was approved and going to use dr kelly BUT due to a high bmi the total cost and deposit went up drastically and at this time i can not afford it. so with a little more time to save, a little more time to pray, and maybe even a little more time to get my bmi down some, we will try again hopefully by the end of the year. i am so upset about having to wait especially after reading all the success storys, but i have to have faith that my turn will come too...  so heres to better heath in the sooner or later future...
Msbfree
on 7/20/11 12:27 am - Red Oak, TX
Hey,,

I understand and can feel you pain....,,, I have been approved, and things are currently going the right direction, but I am constantly waiting for the next snag to show up.... Keep pushing forward, and as you said "by the end of the year" you'll be finished with the surgery and on to the next thing in life and wating out its snags.....

Snags can slow us down,, but they are never meant to stop us!!!!

samslim
on 7/20/11 7:56 am
I really needed a kind word. thank you. my family is not on board with this so they were gloating a little which didnt help. i hope the snags never arrive for you and everything continues smoothly. im right behind you and i hope you will post again after surgery and let us know how well you are doing  
Faith is taking the first step even when you dont see the whole staircase... MLK jr.
Jackie00
on 7/20/11 3:34 am
Hi Sam, could you say what your BMI is?  Mine is 42ish and hope the price doesn't change for me.  I have been working on coming up with the money for a few months myself and know it is frustrating, now I am basically waiting until summer is over being I know the first week or two is rough to get fluids in and I dont' want to get dehydrated with dealing with the summer heat here when I return.  Plus I still have to work on the cost of the flight yet which is 600-700 from playing around with the travel sites here.  Hopefully I will have it all worked out by the end of August then I can go ahead and book my appointment.  I am going through medicard most likely (already approved) so not sure how they will deal with the downpayment where they are paying for it.  I want to pick up a second job but don't want to have to request time off of work right away so the quicker I can get it done the better so I can work at getting that 2nd job.
samslim
on 7/20/11 7:10 am
at this time i am also considering a second job, but im not trying to kill myself working to have this done. my bmi is above 50 so i think you will be fine on the price,,. i was told that things change can change quickly on pricing thats why the deposit was needed to lock in the quoted price and my date. good luck and i look forward to reading your success story later :)
Faith is taking the first step even when you dont see the whole staircase... MLK jr.
Jackie00
on 7/20/11 8:17 am
I don't mind working extra in the winter months, if you are in Canada you will know what I mean.  Our summers are too short and just rather wait until it is over, no fear of dehydrating from sweating too much in the summer and I get to enjoy it.  I like swimming and I know you have to wait for your incisions to heal over before you can go swimming after the surgery. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 268 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 455 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1065 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1632 views