flying back home question

samslim
on 8/22/11 9:22 am
im trying to get plane tickets now for march to save money. i know i can leave on time but what happens if i buy now, then have a little longer than average recovery and have to delay coming home for a day or two. will they rebook your flight, is there a fee and  will your patient cordinater help you with this if it happens. just trying to get my ducks in a row  
Faith is taking the first step even when you dont see the whole staircase... MLK jr.
Brenda C.
on 8/22/11 9:41 am
Most airlines will change your flight for $50 - or check before purchasing if they have an unrestricted policy (Southwest & Hawaiian allows you to pick restricted & unrestricted flights - whether you can change or not).

Most hospital stays are a day - some less.  Give yourself enough time from what the surgeons office tells you (one surgeons office said I would be in ICU manditory 2 days, because of my CPAP - I actually was discharged early the next morning, less than 24 hrs total).

Things do happen, if you have a place to stay locally where your surgery is happening, then see if you can get an extra day or two to give you some cushion.

Brenda : )~
hollykim
on 8/22/11 1:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
If you have a medical issue that forces you to change your flight,a letter of medical necessity from your MX surgeon should be all you need for the airline,to change with no extra cost. I would find out from my airline what a change would cost and be prepared with that amount but I think it can be done no charge with a dr's letter.

Don't know whether your coordinator wuld handle this or not. Guess it depends on the coordinator. I would check with her/him for suure,

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 268 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 455 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1065 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1632 views