how long b4 lifting babies

SR22
on 8/31/11 5:57 am - SC
I am very concern the closer I get to surgery.. I have twins 17lbs and 16lbs. my first week will be in Mexico and the second week my husband has taken off so I don't have to worry about lift the girls any that week.. However, after my husband go back to work the days and time he is at work I will have my nine year old helping me.... this is going to be a hard struggle.. I don't want to get a hernia.. How long will i have to depend on my 9yr old when his daddy is not around????..... I feel guilty having him to do anything...
Mary C.
on 9/2/11 12:19 am - Glovertown, Canada
I'm not sure what exact type of surgery you are having. I had Lap RNY. I am an RN in a busy ER. My doctor had me off work for 6 weeks following my surgery. Lifting and pulling is a big part of my job - of course most of my patients are much heavier than your children. I think you need to check with the doctor or one of his office assistants to get an answer on this one. Better to know beforehand so you can be prepared. Good luck! 

SR22
on 9/3/11 2:44 am - SC
k.. thanks Mary
Lovevsg
on 9/6/11 1:27 pm
I was faced with the same dilema you have. I had an 8 month old baby and had help only for the first week and a half. my husband had to work and I chose to stay home instead of going to my mothers house where she could help me. What i did was only lifted in and out of the crib and for diaper changes  had a floor mat where i would lay him on. I had no complications or pain and he is an active child which I think contributed to me loosing weight so fast. lol. Im not recommending you lift before your doctor says,   I was concerned to get a hernia but I had no choice

SR22
on 9/7/11 12:52 am - SC
Thanks... it seem like I am going to have to lift them at some point.. i seen that your surgery was with Dr. Kelly. I also will be having surgery with Dr. Kelly!!!!... that has been on my mind a lot lately..... I feel better that you had to do the same at some point and turned out OK.. thanks for sharing.
goodkel
on 9/27/11 10:56 am
I was given a 90 day 5 pound lifting restriction. Do what your surgeon tells you and don't pu**** Having to go back into the hospital to repair a hernia is no fun and will only slow your weight loss and extend your recovery time.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?