What to take with you to the hospital (especially when going to another country!)

6penningtons
on 11/14/12 11:28 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

Alright, one more topic for the day. I have a list of what I am going to pack, but thought I better pick your brains once again. I will be there for 5 days by myself in Mexico, so I really need to make sure I have everything packed that I would need. So, is there anything you suggest?

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

mnmommaof2
on 11/15/12 12:48 am
VSG on 11/23/12

I plan on packing lightly! The last thing I want to do after surgery is drag luggage around an airport.  Pajamas, personal hygiene items, slippers, portable hair dryer, heating pad, compression garment, Gas X strips,  my laptop and a few books.

How's your list compare to mine??  

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

jjldh_va
on 11/26/12 5:01 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with

I thought I packed lightly, but I did not use half of what I took.  I did use my laptop to read and play non-online games (though the hospital did have free wi-fi).  I should have taken only 2-3 comfy pants & shirts, not more than that - elastic waist, you will be swollen.  I am glad I took a big long night shirt, cause I hate the hospital gowns, and I lived in that for the days in recovery.  Take warm socks, those floors are cold!  You should only need the most minimal of personal products, cause you cannot shower often.  I do recommend taking a powder protein shake or 2 (for the trip down) and the unjury chicken soup (for the trip back) on the trip... those helped.  Make sure your bag is a rolling one, so you do not have to lift it afterward... and I asked the flight attendant to put it in the overhead bin for me on the flight back.

Other than that, I did not need more than $40 in cash to ge****er at the airports & dinner the night before the surgery.  You should keep your passport and a credit card for emergencies, so you do not need a big wallet or anything.

Keep in mind, I went to Dr. Alvarez... the trip included flying into San Antonio, then being driven to Eagle Pass TX for 1 night, surgery the next day, and in patient care for 3 days total, then driven back to San Antonio for 1 night hotel... we flew out the next day.  5 days total...

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 273 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 458 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1067 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1633 views