Possibly having surgery (early May) in TJ with Dr. Cabrera and Valenzuela

dkandsm
on 3/30/13 1:45 am - Alvin, TX

I have been interested in bariatric surgery for a very long time, but my insurance will not cover it.  My husbands employer has placed an exclusion on the policy.  Now, I am looking into flying to Tijuana to have the gastric sleeve.

I have to admit, going to TJ does make me kind of uneasy.  I know many people have gone there for surgery without incidence.  There are so many "what if's" going through my mind, though.  However, I am extremely excited!!!

I am looking to have surgery in early May.  I have yet to finalize my plans, but that is the time frame I am aiming for.  I would like to do late April, but was told that the surgeons' schedule is tight around then.  Is anyone else having surgery with Dr's. Cabrera and Valenzuela in early May?

This is quite an adventure, huh?  The results should make it all worthwhile!!!! 

lucasnlaken
on 3/31/13 11:25 pm - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

I am having VSG on April 11 with these doctors.

dkandsm
on 4/1/13 12:51 am - Alvin, TX

That is right around the corner; how exciting!!!  I will be looking forward to reading about how it went, here!

I think I'm pretty certain that I'm going to book for May 1st!

dkandsm
on 4/1/13 12:51 am - Alvin, TX
Rumblesink3
on 4/1/13 4:46 am - NC

I'm having gastric sleve surgery with them Friday morning. I leave Thursday morning! I am very nervous, but so far Christie has been very helpful and straight forward. I was suspicious a little when I read another post from someone really slamming Mex. Bariatric. So far, I have been pleased and impressed, and Christie was very up front that she had not had the surgery, but had gone through all the pre-op diet and the post op diet so she could talk to people about it. She also told me she has traveled to both sites where they do surgery (Ti. and another place in Mex. - sorry can't remember where.) I also read someone's earlier post that she had had a really good experience with Drs. Valenzuela and Cabrera. Go figure. i am just going to turn myself over to God and go! I will post as soon as I can after surgery to let you know how it went!

dkandsm
on 4/1/13 4:56 am - Alvin, TX
I cannot wait to hear all about it once you get back. I have read others experiences, but I think hearing about someone's very recent experience will help ease my fears even more.

You have a positive attitude and that's great. I bet everything will go just fine. I wish you a very smooth surgery and recovery!
LVeronica
on 4/2/13 11:18 am

I am 6 weeks post op.  I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy with Drs. Cabrera and Valenzuela in Tijuana through Mexico Bariatric Center.  I had great results.  I was a little scared about having surgery as I had never had any surgery in my life before, but I looked at it like a great adventure! 

pattiashcraft
on 4/10/13 12:25 am - Rosharon, TX

Still scheduled in May?

Mine is scheduled for May 24, message me your number since we live so close together, we can text how the expierence is going.

Good Luck!

dkandsm
on 4/10/13 12:38 am - Alvin, TX
I am so happy for you! I'm glad your husband finally hopped on board with the idea!

I hope it all goes well!
CariRod
on 4/18/13 6:34 am - SC

Mine is May 3rd but with a diffrent set of doctors

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 493 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views