I am going to book my surgery for May 1st!!

dkandsm
on 4/1/13 2:53 am, edited 4/1/13 2:54 am - Alvin, TX

I will be using Dr. Cabrera and Dr. Valenzuela.  I am super excited, but a little scared; I think that's probably to be expected.

Here is what I'm concerned with...

I am taking a vacation to Cancun in June, leaving on June 12th.  A big part of that vacation will involve swimming.  Should I be healed enough by that date to partake in such activities?  I am thinking I should be, but don't want to risk anything.

Rumblesink3
on 4/1/13 5:05 am - NC

Most surgeons tell you no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 6 weeks after surgery, so you should be right about at 6 weeks June 12. For sure, though, ask Dr. Cabrera. Christie told me if I had questions before the surgery I could talk to the doctor if I wanted to. Maybe you should do that. I am leaving Thursday morning for surgery Friday  - I can't believe it's finally here! I hope I live through the clear liquids for the next 3 days!! 

dkandsm
on 4/1/13 9:51 am - Alvin, TX

Thanks for your response!  I should be okay by then, but I will talk to the surgeon and make sure.  I talked to my caseworker and she said I should be, as long as I don't do any heaving lifting.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you!! :)

dkandsm
on 4/2/13 4:30 am - Alvin, TX
I sent my deposit in today. Wow, this is really starting to feel so real. I'm excited, looking forward to it all!
LVeronica
on 4/2/13 11:24 am

I was also told no swimming for six weeks by Drs. Cabrera and Valenzuela.  Of course if you have a wound problem you may not be able to swim even after six weeks.  My sister had a wound infection post op (she had surgery here in the USA) which took quite a while to heal. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 493 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1662 views