Went to Mexico and was not able to have WLS.

lucasnlaken
on 7/28/13 2:18 am - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
VSG on 08/12/13

Has any one gone to Mexico and could not have wls because of past surgery issues??? This happened to me in April. I had Vertical Banded Gastroplasty in 2001 and when I went to have sleeve revision in Tijuana.  After the endonoscopy I was told due to band erosion I may not be able to have the surgery.  This turned out to be the case. They had to remove the old band that was 80% grown into my stomach and they removed the eroded part around the band.  I have to wait six months from the date (April 11, 2013) to go back and have the actual sleeve revision. The surgical team was wonderful to me so I have no complaints there. But I am wondering if anyone has ever had this or similar experience??

Stephanie

pineview01
on 7/28/13 1:52 pm - Davison, MI

It is very common with the lap band, her in the states for sure, to have to have it removed and wait 2-6 months before getting the revision surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jennifer L.
on 7/30/13 12:17 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I have "heard" of it but never actually saw this posted before... but I know is has happened. I am so sorry you had this happen! It is better to be safe than sorry though. I am sorry you weren't able to have your surgery when you intended. 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 339 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 526 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1120 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1700 views