Considering the Gastric Sleeve in Mexico the good the bad and the ugly

zrparker
on 11/5/14 10:39 pm

Hello guys I am wanting to know peoples experience with the gastric sleeve in Mexico. I am wanting to konw what everyones strugles where, what they did for after care, how the facilities are etc. I need all the info I can ge please. Also I need to know who everyone would recomend

hollykim
on 11/6/14 12:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM Pacific Time, zrparker wrote:

Hello guys I am wanting to know peoples experience with the gastric sleeve in Mexico. I am wanting to konw what everyones strugles where, what they did for after care, how the facilities are etc. I need all the info I can ge please. Also I need to know who everyone would recomend

answers to all your questions can be found by reading back through all the posts on this forum. I would suggest you start a list of all the surgeons mentioned in posts and see who is choosing the same surgeon most often and are pleased with their results. Good luck

KRS2014
on 11/6/14 2:43 am
with

I had my gastric sleeve done in Mexico on August 20th with Dr. A. Lopez at Specialized Bariatrics. I didn't have any struggles to be honest. It went very well and two days after surgery I was sight seeing and shopping in Tijuana. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone :)

coop1977
on 11/9/14 4:00 am - Canada

After months of research ... I will be sleeved by Dr. Ramos Kelly on Jan 12, 2015

Spoke with him on the phone today ... I am beyond excited!

Janet

Dr. Ramos Kelly .... Jan.13, 2015

stephg73
on 11/17/14 8:41 pm

Had my sleeve in MX on 11/4/14. All went smooth.. Only problem was language barrier...but for me that was a plus. I say it was a plus because that meant I was able to keep the same English speaking staff.

Rpro
on 11/19/14 8:57 am

Hello, my experience in Mexico was very good, it was my first time there and different, but over all the staff Hospital was surprisingly very nice, What to expect 1. Brush up on Mexican languages the nurses for the most part are Mexican speaking. T.V is in Mexican Except 2 channels OR personal spoke pretty good English and were able to explain procedure to me. I recommend this to anybody considering this surgery. I have currently lost 44 lbs at 3 weeks post op. still feeling sluggish though. Hope this helps

Memelee504
on 11/22/14 3:07 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Rpro, Hi who was your doctor. I'm still searching for someone to perform my VSG. 

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 8:40 pm

I had surgery with Dr Illian. He has a support group on Facebook its called teamillian.  he was amazing. I was sleeved by him on 12-8-14. Please take some time to look into him and his team. Best decision i ever made. Please contact me directly. here's his teams contact information

[email protected]

Take care Chery

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 340 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 529 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1121 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1701 views