Dr. Mario Almanza or Dr. Ramos Kelly

zrparker
on 11/10/14 11:57 pm

I am considering the VSG in January and have narrowed it down to these two Doctors based on personal friends and reviews can anyone give me any information on the two of them that might help sway my opinion futher?

mommaestra
on 11/25/14 10:04 am

Without reservation I recommend Dr. Kelly.  He performs, at the most, 5 surgeries per day.  Almanza sometime****s 15 per day.  I took my BIL who was extremely high risk to Dr. Kelly.  That day he only scheduled one surgery.  Dr. Kelly makes decisions based on his patient's needs, not on his wallet.  AND, he is now operating only at the Angeles hospital which is a state-of-the-art hospital with private rooms with bathrooms and showers, excellent staff, emergency room, ICU, and similar protocol to the US hospitals... not to mention a bed in room for a friend or family member and an excellent coffee shop/restaurant on site.

Please make a wise decision, read the reviews for Dr. Kelly who follows the International Bariatrics Best Practices (thats not exactly what its called but he is by the book for best and safest procedures for his patients).  Read his qualifications and his complication rate. If he costs more than the other dr, there is a reason.  Pay for the best and have no regrets.

mommaestra
on 11/25/14 10:04 am

Without reservation I recommend Dr. Kelly.  He performs, at the most, 5 surgeries per day.  Almanza sometime****s 15 per day.  I took my BIL who was extremely high risk to Dr. Kelly.  That day he only scheduled one surgery.  Dr. Kelly makes decisions based on his patient's needs, not on his wallet.  AND, he is now operating only at the Angeles hospital which is a state-of-the-art hospital with private rooms with bathrooms and showers, excellent staff, emergency room, ICU, and similar protocol to the US hospitals... not to mention a bed in room for a friend or family member and an excellent coffee shop/restaurant on site.

Please make a wise decision, read the reviews for Dr. Kelly who follows the International Bariatrics Best Practices (thats not exactly what its called but he is by the book for best and safest procedures for his patients).  Read his qualifications and his complication rate. If he costs more than the other dr, there is a reason.  Pay for the best and have no regrets.

llLou
on 11/25/14 10:04 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I went to Dr. Kelly. I'm sure you heard all the great things about him and they are true! He is an excellent surgeon,a kind,considerate man and he is very easy to talk to. You and call him prior to your decision and he will talk as long as you want and answer any questions you may have. Good Luck! Message me with any questions.  Linda

shelbel95
on 12/4/14 12:17 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Linda,

I have had the same questions as the original persons question, but have really taken a liking to Dr Kelly. I'm hoping to have mine done sometime around spring break 2015 so, April time frame.  Anything you can tell me about your experience with him would be greatly appreciated.  One question I did have is how many leak tests does he preform? An is the laparoscopic surgery he does just one incision near the belly button or is there multiple areas?

Thanks

zrparker
on 12/2/14 4:37 am

I have scheduled with Dr. Kelly after lots of research for Jan 9 Cant wait

shelbel95
on 12/4/14 12:18 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Really considering Dr. Kelly myself.  Do tell me how it goes! Sooo excited for you!!

katebee
on 12/16/14 4:07 am

I have scheduled it with him for Jan 10th. what hospital are you using??

zrparker
on 12/29/14 1:15 am

Sorry for the delay I will be at angelis

Raiderjab4
on 1/30/15 12:42 pm

Katebee

did you have your surgery done by Dr.Kelly on Jan 10. How did it go I have surgery with him on Feb 13th. I would like hear about your experience with him.  Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 340 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 529 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1121 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1701 views