Passport may not arrive in time - what to do?

TNRose
on 12/31/14 9:03 am - TN

My surgery date is January 20th in Tijuana.  I've got my airline tickets, time off from work, but just today got to apply for my passport, and my husbands.

I expedited our passport request, but I'd have to receive our passports by Friday, January 12th for our trip.  Am I cutting it too close?  Should I reschedule?  Gosh, I hate to because it means I'll have to wait a few more months (blackout period at work) but I really hate to cancel at the last minute.

Any suggestions?  I didn't make copies of our birth certificates...I didn't realize if I had copies we could cross the border with that, our drivers license, and a receipt from the passport request. 

karlykay
on 1/3/15 7:52 am

Have you tried calling this number 1-877-487-2778 and explaining your situation? They may be able to help you out. They only have people available to speak with M-F from 8am to 10pm EST. I hope that helps! Good luck!

TNRose
on 1/3/15 10:53 pm - TN

Thanks!  I'll be sure and call Monday!

Faith70
on 1/3/15 7:54 am

I just applied Monday and mine is done and fed ex delivering Monday morning . Who did you use ? And they told me the same thing I did do a 2-4 day process. Good luck

TNRose
on 1/3/15 10:54 pm - TN

Wow, that's super fast.  I went to my local county clerk's office.  They did not mention a 2-4 day process, and I should have asked more questions.  I'm glad you're getting yours so quickly.  Hopefully I will receive mine in time.

Faith70
on 1/3/15 11:38 pm

I did use a Third Party .....Cost me $270 plus the $170, but I want to get it Done, so it will be worth it and I have a Passport for when I am Skinny to go to Any Beach . Ha Ha what part of TN are you in ?

TNRose
on 1/6/15 2:42 am - TN

I live in Murfreesboro, TN.  Where are you from?  Hope you received your passport.  It's still a waiting game for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 311 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 496 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1094 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1668 views