Still Hungry

TD1808
on 2/25/16 10:00 am
VSG on 01/28/16

Am I supposed to still be hungry? Cuz I am... I feel like I could eat a lot more than I thought I should be able to. I couldn't eat a lot at first, but I'm guessing that was due to swelling and/or inflammation in the area. Now I can drink plenty of fluids and I suppose I could eat half a sandwhich if I tried - which I'm not. I'm stopping well before I'm 'full', though i'm not sure what full feels like. occasionally i feel pressure and i quit then. is something wrong with my sleeve? I dont think i should be hungry nor do i think i should be able to eat this much before feeling full - i think it should be much less.

Sandra F.
on 2/29/16 5:49 am

Are you taking something for acid?  Acid mimics hunger and I was the same way in the beginning.  The pressure you feel is the only "full" feeling you will have for a while.  Keep undereating, it is best.  You don't want to overeat and throw up like I did.

TD1808
on 2/29/16 8:06 am
VSG on 01/28/16

they gave me something for acid but i never took it because i never had trouble with it, or so i thought. you think i should be taking it daily?

hollykim
on 3/1/16 1:58 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 25, 2016 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, TD1808 wrote:

Am I supposed to still be hungry? Cuz I am... I feel like I could eat a lot more than I thought I should be able to. I couldn't eat a lot at first, but I'm guessing that was due to swelling and/or inflammation in the area. Now I can drink plenty of fluids and I suppose I could eat half a sandwhich if I tried - which I'm not. I'm stopping well before I'm 'full', though i'm not sure what full feels like. occasionally i feel pressure and i quit then. is something wrong with my sleeve? I dont think i should be hungry nor do i think i should be able to eat this much before feeling full - i think it should be much less.

liquids should go down easily with no restriction. What other foods are you eating? Carbs and slider foods will go right on thru as well with little restriction.m

yes, you should be taking your PPI you were given. 

The nerves I your sleeve have been cut and take some time to regenerate themselves. You may not notice "full" until they do ,so measure and eat the measured amount only.

are you getting 64+ ounces of liquid every day? Dehydration also masquerades as hunger.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 254 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 444 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views