i need help choosing . Please help

jasminrod
on 7/7/18 8:37 am

Hi there so after having done a lot of research i narrowed it down to these doctors or hospitals .

Dr Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta

Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta

Mexico Bariatric center

i really need to choose, Who did you choose? or do you suggest another doctor?

MarinaGirl
on 7/8/18 12:43 am

Mexicali Bariatric Center has the best surgeons (e.g. Dr. Esquerra, Dr. Wilhemy) and care. They're located in Mexicali; you will fly into the San Diego airport (SAN) where a driver from MBC will pick you up and drive you across the border to the hospital for pre-op testing.

jasminrod
on 7/8/18 8:04 pm

Thank you I will look into Mexicali

MarinaGirl
on 7/9/18 10:59 am

Many people on this forum and others have had bariatric surgery (original or revisional) with Mexicali Bariatric Center and have only good things to say about them. I wish I had my original surgery with Dr. Esquerra, instead of with a surgeon in Tijuana, and then I might not have required a second/revision surgery.

Clarkestep
on 7/12/18 11:36 am

This is who I used 5\23\18. He was great and so was the hospital! I can answer any questions you may have!

Good luck!!!

MarinaGirl
on 7/12/18 1:20 pm
On July 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM Pacific Time, Clarkestep wrote:

This is who I used 5\23\18. He was great and so was the hospital! I can answer any questions you may have!

Good luck!!!

What type of surgery did you have with Dr. Esquerra? Glad to hear you had a great experience! :)

Clarkestep
on 7/12/18 8:00 pm

I had the DS.

emily652
on 7/10/18 7:33 am - denham springs, LA
RNY on 06/22/18 with

I Had my surgery with Dr Lopez in Tijuana. He is with ALO Bariatrics. It was the most wonderful experience. The facilities are new , beautiful and immaculate. Everyone was kind and caring. I highly recommend them!

HW 263 5' 7." age 45 08/09 VSG Revision to RNY 06/18

karebear65
on 8/9/18 7:46 pm

Have you looked into Obesity Control Center? I went there and am extremely happy. Dr. Ortiz had an excellent record, is JSS certified and OCC is an International Center of Excellence, which is a difficult certification to get.

You will pay a little more but it is well worth it because of the level of care and safety.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 257 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1062 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1627 views