Patient Experience in Mexico?

Betsey M.
on 10/1/03 1:44 am - Cary, NC
Who had been to Mexico for the WLS? What did you think of your dr? I'm planning to have Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada in Feb. I'd like to hear of other's experiences.
tipper77
on 10/1/03 12:59 pm - Frisco, TX
Betsy, There are lots of folks who have gone to Dr. A. You should visit his patient forum and check the profiles of all the post ops. You can find the forum here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/index.phtml?ID=A-1045621205 Good luck on your journey!!
Debbi M.
on 10/3/03 4:44 am - Zeeland, MI
Betsey, I will be having Duodenal Switch surgery on Oct. 13 with Dr. Gilberto Ungson in Hermosillo, MX. He is awesome! Are you set on having the RNY procedure? Have you checked into the Duodenal Switch procedure. Dr. Ungson specializes in digestive tract/obesity surgery. the average cost for the surgery is about 10,500USD. Feel free to email me if you would like to learn more about Dr. Ungson. [email protected]
Christa L.
on 10/12/03 10:40 am - Lind, WA
Hi Betsey...I'm sorry I don't have any of the info you wanted, but I am also going to Dr. A in February for surgery, and am curious what your date is. Maybe we will be able to meet while there and exchange stories...lol...please email me at [email protected].
Marguerite P.
on 10/16/03 4:13 am - Elk Grove, CA
Betsy, I had surgery with Dr Aguirre on Sept 23rd. I can tell you this much,I have never had better care than I had with Dr Aguirre and the staff. I was lucky to have my sister with me, but people who go alone will get more attention than those who have someone to be with them. They were always concerned with how I felt, if I had pain. I never had to wait for pain medication. I would do it again with out a second thought! Marguerite
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views