dr verboonen is the devil

MARY G.
on 2/15/04 12:39 am - LAS VEGAS, NV
i was banded on jan 21 by dr verboonen at obesitygoodbye.com to make a very long story short surgery went fine but the aftercare went to the ****ter..very long story but i ended up having to go back...i had to find another surgeon to help me because dr verboonen ignored my phonecalls and plea's of help...never never called me ..i hooked up with 2 wonderful men..dr ortiz and dr martinez and they saved the day..my esophogus had swollen to the point that nothing was getting thru the band ..not even water..i hadn't eaten or drank anything for 5 days and started to cry when my doctor would not call me back..needless to say i ended up getting better by my 2new doc's and if anyone is to be banded by dr verboonen and his assoc. please think twice..there aftercare is unexcusable...they just wanted my money
jellyopal
on 2/23/04 11:55 am - Central, SC
posts like yours are invaluble.. thankyou. hope everthing is smoother now. diane.
Melissa K.
on 4/8/04 7:49 am - Beavercreek, OR
Hi Mary! I was banded in October by Dr. Verboonen. I agree, thier after care is awful. I was back in March for another fill. At that time, I had not last any weight. (In 5 months, mind you) They just kept telling me I was eating too many calories. Since being filled in March, I have finally begun to loose weight. However, the last 5 days or so have been very tough. I have been unable to eat or drink anything. Do you have the contact info for the doctors you listed? I would be interested in talking to them. Thank you so much for your post. I have noticed that DR. Verboonen's name is not on their website any longer. That is interesting to me.
MARY G.
on 4/16/04 1:29 pm - LAS VEGAS, NV
they took his name off because he is not there right now..he's serving a prison sentence for insurance fraud...great guy huh?...i have no doubt he'll be back some day ..unfortunately....
Melissa K.
on 4/17/04 1:51 am - Beavercreek, OR
I can't believe he is in prison! That is kind of how I feel with regards to my surgery results. I have not really had the best of results. Actually, if I just followed any plan, I would have the same results as I have had since surgery. Thanks for your information. Do you mind me asking what kind of meal plan, etc you follow. After my surgery they kind of made it sound like I could eat most anything, just limited portions. How about you? Melissa
MARY G.
on 4/17/04 4:20 am - LAS VEGAS, NV
Hi Melissa, well my case is a little different i think...ever since i had the surgery i have been at maximum restriction...so much that i was unable to get even liquids down for a while..thats when i had to go back and see dr ortiz and have the fluid removed that was put in at the time of the surgery...I have the midband so i guess this is normal..as far as the fluid goes..so now i have a band will no fluid ..i am highly restricted so i eat just about anything i can tolerate but literally only about 3 bites..if i pu**** i pay...I cannot complain too much about my results I was banded on jan 22 2004 and to date have lost 52 lbs..I am only 40lbs from goal and feel pretty good about my loss so far...I would probably say that if you are not losing you are not restricted enough..the idea of the band is portion control. I don't follow a diet and i don't relly watch too much what i eat...but i eat very very little...so thats my story...in a nutshell! good luck mary 248/196/155 banded jan,22,04
cierra925
on 1/23/06 5:07 am - Columbus, OH
Hello Mary, My name is Aimee and I have been planning on having surgery with Dr. Verboonen in Mexico. I plan to get the Band that is approved here in the US. Can you tell me if thats the band that you have or was is something else? Should I be afraid to get this procedure done? I'm scared anyway because I have never had surgery before anyway. I ran across this site on yahoo search and just thought I would write you to see whats up. I hope everything works out for you for the best!!! my prayers are with you. Aimee
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views