Belly support belts

Farmer_Tom
on 10/28/16 5:21 am

Wondering if anyone here has experience with these. If so curious how good it works, approx cost and where to get one

Thanks

Cindy F.
on 10/28/16 9:26 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I never had one for after my sleeve surgery but will be using a binder / support when I have plastic surgery on my stomach for excess skin in a few weeks. The surgeon's office is providing mine (at a cost of course) but you can get them at any independent pharmacy (not one in a grocery story) that supplies home health aids, I'd start by asking the pharmacist if you don't see an area clearly labeled. I'm not sure if Shoppers would have them but on PEI, Murphy's pharmacy's have them. A bigger Lawton's would be a good start or Pharmasave. I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same thing but they could point you in the right direction if they don't carry them. I don't think they'd be very expensive, around $40-$50?

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

amandajean35
on 10/30/16 11:10 am - Canada

Hey Cindy I hope you don't mind me asking but are you paying for your plastics or is Medicare.  I'd like to get my stomach done but I'm scared of the cost. 

Cindy F.
on 10/30/16 12:25 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

Hi Amanda,

The province (PEI) will cover the lower part (panni) about $3,400 and I pay the balance of $7,000 for the mid section (Dr Dool in Moncton). I'll have an anchor incision, hip to hip across the pelvis and straight down. Ill get legs (lipo suction first, then lift) and arms done next.

It's definitely a lot of money but basically I'm cashing rrsp's, selling my paid-off car straight out instead of taking the value off a new car price, savings bonds, income tax refunds, etc.

i never thought I'd be able to afford it but after the work I've done (over a year with a personal trainer and continued daily workouts), I'm determined to find a way. I'm available if you have any more questions. 

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

helpmepleasenow272

on 10/31/16 11:51 am

Hello, I noticed you are located in PEI, I'm in Riverview and trying to find a person who does fills for the lap band here or on the island as I am on it 2 days a week.  Do you also know if there are any support groups over there.  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

Cindy F.
on 11/1/16 4:30 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I know Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil, who did my sleeve surgery, does the lapband / fills in Moncton. I'm not aware of anyone on the Island who does them but I'd check with Dr. B's office in Moncton for info. His nurse's number is 506-869-2090.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views