Getting my journey started..

Carl D.
on 9/1/11 1:51 am - Williston, ND
RNY on 10/01/13
Hello there. I am just starting to get the ball rolling again. But it's high time I do this. Diets have gotten my hopes up and then sent them crashing down..

Lord willing, I will be a brand new man soon..
tinkerbell025
on 9/1/11 12:19 pm - Fargo, ND
Carl,
Welcome aboard!

Getting the old ball a rolling will be just one of the speed bumps you will hit. Once you get past the first couple you will get the hang of it, have faith.

Care to tell us a little bit about yourself, please do so. We are a small group on this board but we do show support. We have people from each different walk that are usually willing to offer suggetsions or lend an ear.

Look forward to hearing more
Have a great Friday/ Holiday weekend
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Carl D.
on 9/2/11 2:24 am - Williston, ND
RNY on 10/01/13
haha I really should have thought about that before my post. Sorry about that.

Let's see. I just turned 31, i've been big since I was little. Tons of diets along with diet drugs have lost me a few pounds only to come right back. This most recent time just seemed to crush me.

The weight has led(like so many others can attest too) high blood pressure along with all sorts of other aches and pains. I've had to give up my love of hunting and hiking due to it.

And thank you very much for the welcome. I joined the site a few years back, but I just had to give a diet one last try, so I didn't really venture here much. Guess I considered this path my last resort.
tinkerbell025
on 9/2/11 10:28 pm - Fargo, ND
Carl,

Congrats on making the final decision to move forward and for the extra info you provided.

Think of this in a different light, it is never a last resort. As most times no matter what it is in life that we think of as a "Last resort" the out come sucks!

Think of this as a "New beginning" "Rebirth" as you take control fully over your life and move it forward. You will once again enjoy the game of hunting etc.. and do it well! You will get so much back and give so much out to others.

Congrats for taking on the challenge and be ready for all the emotional,physical and mental changes that will happen.

I have yet to look back and wish I had not done the surgery- I love life!
Hang on tight it is one hell of a ride!
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
steve D.
on 9/6/11 1:26 am - West Fargo, ND
Carl,

I have been out of town so I am just catching up.  Welcome to the ND discussion board.  I had surgery about 18 months ago.  Glad I did it.  Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions or just want to visit. 

The neat thing about this journey is that we don't have to do it alone.

Take care.  We will save you a seat on the losers bench!

Steve

Tammi H.
on 9/6/11 11:37 am
Carl,  Welcome and I hope your next step will go smoothly for you.  I am so happy that I decided to have the surgery.  Having surgery isn't the easy way but it has definitely been a great choice for me.
Tammi  
starting weight 224, size XL (16-18); now weight is 129, a size 4 size medium or small

Most Active
Recent Topics