August Check In's!

tbl2008
on 7/31/11 10:49 pm - Greenville, NC
Good Monday morning everyone! We're saying byebye to July and 2/3 of the summer is gone with it. I know most of you are in areas where the summer heat seems as though it will never leave. I feel your pain!!

Please everyone check in and let us all know you are here! How's the summer gone so far? Any goals reached or current goals working on? Any NSV (Non Scale Victories) you want to report??

Thanks again for everyone on here. You honestly make this WL journey more meaningful for me each day.
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
zimmersdreamer
on 8/1/11 3:51 am - indianapolis, IN
 Good Aug to you all! July has been a roller coaster for me.
I have significantly increased the amount of time I spend at the gym but that has caused me to spend fewer days. (3hours a day now 3 days a week vs 1 hour a day 6 days a week) 
I have been also on an emotional roller coaster. I am adicted to the gym, and when i dont go i feel sluggish, so cutting down the days a week ( i had too much to do getting ready for school to start) I spent a lot of time telling my self to watch what i eat, i am NOY nice to me when I dont work out. 
I did how ever have a few NSV this month!
i have been in a platue for the entire month, so all i have had are NSV! 1- my thighs dont touch when i am sitting down! 
2- i was able to put my plate away when i wanst hungry & didnt feel guilty about throwing away food! (i was always taught to finish my plate!) 
3- i now get atleast 6 hours a sleep a day. from my 3-4 hour a day! it feels great!

DeeAnnM
on 8/1/11 4:49 am

It’s August 1st already?

At the beginning of July I found myself just 10 pounds shy of one-derland. So, for the very first time EVER I set a weight-loss goal for myself to drop 10 pounds by the end of the month. I’m glad to say that I met my goal. It had been a long time since I had set any kind of goal for myself. And you know, it was somehow empowering to have achieved even this small thing. It’s really given me a sense of accomplishment that has put some wind in my sails. It has boosted my motivation, so I think I’ll try it again this month. I’m going to try for another 10 pound-loss in August.

I also started exercising in July and have reached the point that I actually look forward to the workout. It’s going well, and for now I’ll just continue what I’m doing.

Good luck to everyone! I hope August is a great month for everyone!

chiyah
on 8/1/11 11:06 am - Colorado Springs, CO
 Hello everyone!

In July I was able to lose 11lbs. My goal was for 13lbs for that month so I can't complain. This month I've set another 13lbs lost goal. But more than that, I've set goals to drink more water and exercise more regularly. I want to start the Couch to 5K program this weekend...but it's been like 20 years since I ran anywhere LOL. But I'm going to try it anyway!

NSV's for the month...I was able to fit into my girlfriends' size 18/20 pants! Oh, also, I was about half way through painting my toenails when I realized that I wasn't struggling to do so or struggling to breathe. Woo Hoo!!

:D

tbl2008
on 8/2/11 1:04 pm - Greenville, NC
I guess it's my turn to post more about what I've got going on here in NC.

This month is starting off well. I'm at the gym 4 days a week now. I was shooting for 2-3 days but I think 4 days is better for me at this stage. I need more workouts and I'm just not getting them in on the weekends. I'm going to just make use of the gym during the week, especially since it's hot and I can't walk in the mornings.

I try and do something active while my little girl naps. Today it was free weights. I'm up to 20 minutes. In the afternoons we go to the gym. She gets to play and I get to kill myself on a treadmill.

I'm still doing the PALA Challenge! I just finished week 4 today. Half way done. Four more weeks to go. I decided yesterday I'm going to order the tshirt off the website as a reward for finishing the challenge once it's done.

Yesterday I saw a TV ad for a 5K and 1 mile Fun run/walk. I got online and paid for the 1 mile Fun Run/walk! Who AM I?? I feel so odd doing something like that, but oh well. I'm going for it! It's just another thing to keep me motivated this fall after my challenge is over.

I'm at 234 today and my goal is to get down to 229 by Sept 1st. I then want to get down to 199. I feel like if I work hard I can do that before the end of the year. I feel so positive about life these days. So so positive and grateful.
DeeAnnM
on 8/4/11 2:51 am
Can you tell me about the PALA Challenge? I need more challenges in my life.

tbl2008
on 8/4/11 1:31 pm - Greenville, NC
On August 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM Pacific Time, DeeAnnM wrote:
Can you tell me about the PALA Challenge? I need more challenges in my life.
Did you find the link?? If not here it is:

http://www.presidentschallenge.org/

You sign up there. They want you to do 30 mins of workouts at least 5 days a week. You need to keep that up for 6 weeks out of 8 to get the award. As a 'award' to myself I'm going to buy one of the PALA tshirts when I finished.
DeeAnnM
on 8/7/11 1:30 pm
I did, thanks! I'm thinking about doing it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 342 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 468 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 891 views