starting low carb...

zimmersdreamer
on 7/22/12 7:46 am - indianapolis, IN
 i have done it before, just never stuck with it. and because of my PCOS i finally got the DR to agree that low carb is the best option. So i am going to give it a go! 

i think i am going to miss my coffee first, caramel late every night... and then i am going to miss my fruits.. i know i can get them back eventually but untill then i will miss them!

wish me luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/12 10:15 am - Canada
Low carb has worked best for me in the past. (PCOS played a factor. Does your doctor have you on metformin for insulin resistance...just curious.) Don't forget to drink lots of water!

Keep checking in to let us know how things are going (or to vent or ask for support/help/advice).

Tammy
zimmersdreamer
on 7/31/12 11:14 pm - indianapolis, IN
 Tammy yes i am on metformin about 850mg 2x/day, with chromiumn, as well as 2 more meds that have "appetite suppressing" side effects. (thyroid meds added 3 months ago)

when i first started met. I lost a LOT of weight, but have pretty much stalled since then even when i was going to the gym 6 days a week for an hour a day, then added a personal trainer( for 4 months), i lost inches but only about 3lbs (verry frustrating over a total of 9 months!)  i went from a size 18 to a size 12-14... i know i know muscle weighs more than fat... but MAAAN i want to lose some of that fat too! 

chellelynn3
on 7/24/12 2:03 am - san bernardino, CA
I have just recently moved away from all grains, even whole grains, as I know this does work best for me too, but I am not giving up the fruit, just cutting back on it a little, and no refined sugar for me! Hope all goes well for you! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 337 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 465 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 674 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 886 views