Fad diets Fail

btm61
on 11/11/18 1:25 pm

Holly,

While my insurance is covering most of the cost there are copays to be certain, and when I get to the point where I'm needing skin reduction surgery, it sounds like most of that will be out of pocket. As for following my progress of course you are welcome to, my point was that if you are going to attempt to discredit my work because you think your way is the only way then I'd rather you wouldn't follow my progress. Whether by surgery or medically managed care, serious weight loss is hard and it should be so that we have the incentive not to do this to our bodies ever again. All I ask is that you not make it harder by offering disparaging remarks. When I first started this journey I had many days where I didn't want to go to the gym, but now I can't stay away. I did 25 minutes on the arc trainer this morning and this evening I'll go back and do a 30 minute circuit training session. I have never felt better or stronger in my life, and I WILL keep this weight off because I now know how to eat and exercise in a healthy way.

hollykim
on 11/11/18 4:39 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 11, 2018 at 9:25 PM Pacific Time, btm61 wrote:

Holly,

While my insurance is covering most of the cost there are copays to be certain, and when I get to the point where I'm needing skin reduction surgery, it sounds like most of that will be out of pocket. As for following my progress of course you are welcome to, my point was that if you are going to attempt to discredit my work because you think your way is the only way then I'd rather you wouldn't follow my progress. Whether by surgery or medically managed care, serious weight loss is hard and it should be so that we have the incentive not to do this to our bodies ever again. All I ask is that you not make it harder by offering disparaging remarks. When I first started this journey I had many days where I didn't want to go to the gym, but now I can't stay away. I did 25 minutes on the arc trainer this morning and this evening I'll go back and do a 30 minute circuit training session. I have never felt better or stronger in my life, and I WILL keep this weight off because I now know how to eat and exercise in a healthy way.

I was never disparaging. That is your own insecurities working against you.

I say,you go.

btm61
on 11/18/18 1:28 am

Holly, to update my progress, I weighed in lat Friday and was down 4 pounds over the last week. That's 85 pounds net from my high 18 months ago.

Julia S.
on 12/18/18 10:21 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Any update on your progress?

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

btm61
on 12/18/18 5:45 pm

Julia S., Yes I do have an update, having weighed in earlier today. I held my own, no gain no loss over the last month. My exercise regime has decreased by about 1000 calories less burned each week because of the winter months so I'm looking for new ways to exercise over the winter. Things like cross country skiing and other outdoor things. Our Fitness Trainer at the Clinic will be introducing some new classes in the New Year so I'm looking forward to trying those out, however our clinic will be shut down 4 days over the next two weeks due to the Holidays so I'll be spending more time at Planet Fitness on those days, excepting Christmas. We do have a facility in town that has racquetball courts so I'm looking into that as well. In the past my weight has prevented me from doing any of these activities but I'm leaner and stronger and feel more ready to take these things on. Still at 85 net pounds lost.

Our trainer asked us to set new fitness goals for next year so here goes: 1) complete a 5K in less than 65 minutes (I was at 78 this fall), and 2) ride a bike path through our county next summer totalling 38 miles round trip (I haven't been on a bike in more than 30 years). I'm excited to work to reach these goals. I love challenges and these two will stretch me considerably. As for weight loss goals, between 75 and 100 pounds in 2019.

I still have about 150 pounds to go to reach the top end of my "ideal" range and roughly 180 to the bottom end so there is plenty of work to do but I am really enjoying the journey.

Thanks for asking.

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:53 am

Julia, I weighed in yesterday with our clinic's Nutritionist and was really happy to learn that I had lost 11 pounds since my last weigh in on January 2nd. The numbers continue to work for me. I am loving the strength routine our Trainer has me on, working one major muscle group every other day so it is much more intense and physically draining The journey continues. Have a great day everyone and may 2019 be your best year yet.

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:54 am

Julia, I weighed in yesterday with our clinic's Nutritionist and was really happy to learn that I had lost 11 pounds since my last weigh in on January 2nd. The numbers continue to work for me. I am loving the strength routine our Trainer has me on, working one major muscle group every other day so it is much more intense and physically draining The journey continues. Have a great day everyone and may 2019 be your best year yet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views