itchy skin......

Ezlivin
on 3/22/11 9:20 pm - Windsor, Canada
I feel your pain...right now mine is ubber itchy too!!!

Head to toe......Grrrr

I use Vaseline body butter in cocoa butter scent...yummy.....I escape to the beach every time I put it on......
You have to be very diligent, even when it starts to go away.....

Judy

Surgeon's goal 155 - 160
NUT goal 140
My own personal goal  125.

HW  237(Optifast weight)  SW  214   CW  111

Yummy recipies to try.....  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/welcome/  

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 9:42 pm - GUELPH, Canada
thx whent he weather clears going to get some vasoline cocoa butter......
thnx again for all ur help...omg even armpits are itchy....lol
DEB

snowyowl
on 3/22/11 9:47 pm - Windsor, Canada
HI,
EFA, I believe is Esential Fat Acids like Omega 3-6-9 available in soft gel cap's
I have a itchy reaction to most coco butter products and have found these help.  I have even tried pure coco butter.
Hope you find relief soon,
Take care,
Nancy

HW- 280 SW - 230 CW - 134     
murphy10
on 3/22/11 10:04 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi,
You have relieved my mind.  Not only was I going nuts with the itching but I was worried that I had some new condition that my dermatologist was going to freak out at.  It should definitely be listed as a side effect of the surgery although I don't know the scientific reason for it, I'm sure there is one.
I will have to try the oil pills too.
Lorraine
Sheritk
on 3/22/11 11:22 pm - Canada
 Nancy's got the answer....Essential Fatty Acids....Evening primrose oil, Omega 3's, fish oils...

Sheri 
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 11:36 pm - GUELPH, Canada
ok good thnx now i don't feel so alone, can i get this at drug store or health store....

Sheritk
on 3/23/11 7:45 am - Canada
You can get them at the drug store or Walmart, costco...  Let me know if you try it and it works for you.

The itch does make yah crazy.....

Take care and hope it is better very soon...

Sheri
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

BubblyD
on 3/22/11 11:45 pm
Good morning

My sister had the same problem and she found Oil of Olay Quench in the purple bottle worked for her.  I have started using it as well and its awesome.  Doesn't leave you with a greasy feeling and works so good.
My angels are Sharon D and Weathers_pc. 
bogie
on 3/23/11 2:15 am - Canada
One thing that will really help is to apply the moisturizer while your skin is still damp after a both or shower. Your pores are still somewhat open and your skin just drinks it in. My understanding is that part of the reason for the itching is caused by waste products from your liver. It is working very hard as your body breaks down and utilizes the stored fat for fuel. So if you think of it that way "I can't wait to be itchy" LOL
GD6
on 3/23/11 2:21 am - Hamilton, Canada
I  have had horribly dry, scaly skin my entire life.  I recently discovered Palmer's lotion and it's AMAZING!  

For the first time in my life I have normal skin!  It's cheap too, I think a largish pump bottle is around $8.00 at Walmart.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active
Recent Topics