itchy skin......

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 7:58 pm - GUELPH, Canada
ever since losing lots, my skin is so dry and itchy sometimes can't stand it, I have tried lotions a potions, oatmeal bassed broducts, goats milk product and nothing seens to work, any suggestions, willing to try anything....thnx
DEB

samtq
on 3/22/11 8:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Moisturize every day.  I am currently using the Vaseline cocoa butter lotion.  It smells delicious!  In the past I've used Vaseline Clinical Intensive and Lubriderm with cocoa butter.  Anything with cocoa butter is great because it's extra moisturizing.  Once I started this routine my itchies went away.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 8:36 pm - GUELPH, Canada
thnx, vaseline is the only one I have not tried yet,and never thought of cocoa butter great
thnx again
DEB

Monica M.
on 3/22/11 8:42 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
not the actual vaseline, the vaseline brand lotion for extra dry skin.

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 8:59 pm, edited 3/22/11 9:00 pm - GUELPH, Canada
thnx Monica I will try that
DEB

Sheritk
on 3/22/11 8:55 pm - Canada
 I had this happen to me too. I started taking some EFA's and I found it helped a lot. My itching was so bad I was breaking the skin....it would wake me at night. Just something else you might like to try...good luck.

Sheri
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 8:58 pm - GUELPH, Canada
can you tell me what EFA is, ya it is getting to that point were it is waking me up in the nite,
thnx

Sheritk
on 3/22/11 11:19 pm - Canada
 Omega 3's , fish oil tablets, evening primrose oil......essential fatty acids.  :O)
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

Ann R.
on 3/22/11 9:04 pm - Dashwood, Canada
 I have been having the same problem. My lower back  is so itchy most of the time I am breaking the skin with scratching it. It drives me nuts (not to mention my hubby when I have to wake him up at night to scratch it...lol). I have started using Aveno and it seems to be helping. I also use Avon's Skin So Soft for winter skin. I have had it for a while and not sure if you can order it right now or not but it is worth a try. 

My angel is Karen Dunlop.
sw343,hw360, referral faxed  & blood work 11/09,sleep study 11/21/09,first appointment with nurse/nut/sw 02/18/10,ultrasound & upper gi 03/11/10,second appointment with nurse/nut/sw 04/15/10,first appointment with Dr.Reed 09/13/10,Dr.Agarwal 10/12/10,second appointment with Dr.Reed 11/10/10, PATTS 07/12/10,surgery 12/18/10

pumpkin57
on 3/22/11 9:07 pm - GUELPH, Canada
thnx Ann, I have tried the Aveno, worked for a bit then seem to become amuned to, and don't like skin so soft...lol

Most Active
Recent Topics