Gall Bladder is out!!!

elizabeth G.
on 4/3/11 6:10 am - Canada
Hello all,

I had my gall bladder surgery on Wed and i seem to be recovering well.  i am still very sore and I am a little queasy.  I have a feeling that my stomach has been upset because I have done a 180 with my eating.  I have to eat low fat for a couple of weeks, and after 15 months of high fat my body is wondering what it going on.

I have a couple of questions i am hoping you can help me with.

1: I have not had a lot of food since wed, but my weight has stayed the same.  i know I am eating more carbs, because i am  eating zero fat cereal for breakfast, but I do not think I have been eating enough to make my weight stay at the same spot. Any ideas what might be causing this?

2: I am having a really hard time finding low carb and low fat foods that give me a lot of variety, any suggestions of foods out there that will meet my need of low fat and low carb?

Thanks.

Liz
DS SURGERY NOV 20, 2009
210 POUNDS LOST SO FAR
Leanne1
on 4/3/11 6:39 am - Newmarket, Canada
I imagine that you are full of gas from the surgery ;) Give it some time, it will go away.. maybe try gas-x to help move things along :) (I could be wrong but that's what I did when I had my gall bladder out in November).

As for foods, what about deli meats, chicken, pork chops, ground turkey or extra lean ground beef (you could make meatballs); different types of cheeses, yoguarts (greek for the protein); eggs.

Just some suggestions ;)
Glad you're home and doing well Liz!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

DS Facts
on 4/3/11 6:44 am
Liz you are prob retaining water from the shock of surgery. Eggs are a good option and protein rich! Omelettes, egg sandwich on a half a piece of white rye bread (with bacon and maybe a bit of onion) and cheese is a fav of mine.
Kristen D.
on 4/3/11 8:36 am - Kingston , Canada
Feel better soon!!! Mine is coming out on Tuesday and I am thrilled about it. Happy healing!!

My Angel is Karen M

Most Active
Recent Topics