2 months out-Guelph

SandpaperSandy
on 4/4/11 8:22 am - Kitchener, Canada
Did anyone at 2 months feel like they could eat a lot - I mean more than what Guelph recommended - 1oz of protein, 1/3cup veg, 1/4 carb?   Some days I can hardly eat this tiny amount for supper and days like today, it was not enough!!!   Doesn't 1 oz of meat seem like very little.  30gm is not much meat for dinner.
kerryokequeen
on 4/4/11 9:24 am - Innisfil, Canada
I am almost 3 months out and I just listen to my tummy, if I'm full I stop, of course thats after I set out my portions.  Just be very aware of how your stomach feels and you should be okay.
It's perfectly normal to start eating larger meals considering you could only eat very little for the last few months.  You're doing fine as long as your not feeling pain or uncomfortablness.
 Heavest 260lbs ~Dr. Appt 252lbs ~Start Optifast ~245lbs Surgery Jan 12th 2011

jacqstan
on 4/4/11 9:34 am - Canada
I had my surgery Feb 14 in Ottawa, and I am now on a full diet.  The NUT here recommends 2-2.5 oz. of protein, plus 1/4 cup or so of veggies and carbs.  Everyone is individual, so it really depends on what you can tolerate.  A typical day for me is 1/2 c greek yogurt with a 1/4 c of berries, 2 tbsp all bran buds for breakfast,  2 oz of tuna or salmon, or 1/2 cup of chili or  2 babybel lites with1.5 wasa crackers and 1/4 c salad,  then for dinner 2.5 oz of meat, 1/ 4c potatoes or brown rice, and 1/4 c of veggies.  I don't usually finish the veggies or carbs, but I always finish the protein.  This provides me with very close to 60 gm of protein a day,  Sometimes all I need is 1 cup of skim milk in the evening to get all my protein.  The calories run between 600-700.  As I said everyone is different, but I seem to tolerate this very well.  Hope you get to eat more soon!
sarah telfer
on 4/4/11 10:19 am - cambridge, Canada
hi there! i have a few questions if you don't mind?
could you please email me?

[email protected]

im on the waitlist in Guelph
Thank you!!!!!

Sarah Ann,
Cambridge, ON. CAD.
susie_shopper
on 4/4/11 11:21 am - Stratford, Canada
Hi Sarah......I too am on the wait list for Guelph....but finally have a date at the end of May.

I'm from Stratford....not too far from you.

If you want to email [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics