Meeting with the surgeon for the second time after being denied...wish me luck

bogie
on 6/13/11 12:41 pm - Canada
 Some of you might remember my post from a few months back when I got a call from St. Joes after meeting with the Surgeon and I thought it was to tell me my surgery date. I was devastated when they told me that at the 11th hour the surgeons were not willing to do my surgery because 2 yrs ago I had a total hysterectomy due to early stage endometrial cancer. They have a rule that you have to be 3 yrs cancer free before they will do surgery. Fortunately they caught mine really early and I didnt have to have chemo or radiation.  I thought I can't give up that easily after all that I went through in the process. I really didn't want to wait another yr.  I contacted my oncologist to get her to write a letter to Dr. Anvari saying that I was cancer free and had a very low risk of reoccurence.  And I got a call that they are reconsidering my case. I had to have another gastroscopy and colonoscopy but I will find out this Wed. if its a go. If its a go I will finally put up my picture and become a fully involved poster. I have posted occasionally but mainly just read. I am praying that I will be approved and will join you all on the bench soon. 
Monica M.
on 6/13/11 12:50 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i remember that post. I felt so badly for you. I'm glad that you're getting a second kick at the can here. GOod luck, will be sending positive vibes your way!

flyingwoman
on 6/13/11 12:54 pm
Good luck, we'll keep fingers and toes crossed!
northernlight
on 6/13/11 1:15 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh, I'm wishing you the very best of luck on Wednesday! I really hop ethat they will allow you to have this surgery, especially since your oncologist has written a letter supporting you. We'll be waiting to hear how it goes for you - I'll say a little prayer for a good outcome!

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 2:34 pm - Canada
My prayers are and will be with you on Wednesday.  Good luck!
Karlalala
on 6/13/11 3:14 pm - London, Canada
Said a prayer for you as soon as i read your post.  I certainly hope that things work out the way that you are hoping them to.  I admire your courage and that you have continued to fight for what you want for yourself!  Will be looking forward to your post after your appointment Wednesday to let us know how things work out!

You will be in my thoughts Wednesday!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Tanya T.
on 6/13/11 8:11 pm
Sending positive thoughts your way!!!  Best o Luck Wednesday!!!

Tanya

laura S.
on 6/13/11 9:10 pm - London, Canada
Good luck on Wednesday!  hopefully if they are having you come back that means they will allow you to have the surgery!  *crossing fingers for you*

Laura

Tracey P.
on 6/13/11 10:16 pm - Canada
I will be sending positive thoughts your way on Wednesday.

Tracey

Re-DiscoveringMe
on 6/13/11 10:27 pm
Best of luck to you. I hope your oncologist's support of the surgery gets you back on the list.
Most Active
Recent Topics