17 months out and question about the heat....

Miss Belody
on 7/5/11 3:06 pm, edited 7/5/11 3:47 am - Keswick, Canada
Okay, so I was so used to being cold after the surgery that I never expected to have this happen..................I am finding that I can not tolerate any kind of heat at all! I get dizzy, my stomach hurts and I feel clammy. I have to sit in the shade, drink and tone of water and then after all that I am only okay for about 15 minutes in the sun...............has anyone else had this happen to them? I do drink water all day long ..............I pretty much don't stop!

On a side note: I am doing well otherwise, back to running, got my half marathon in September in Ottawa, eating good ( had a small fall a little while back), since the blind loop removal I have been 100% better. Had another scope recently, but came back normal! yay for me!!! So now to figure out why a person who is cold all the time, suddenly can't handle the heat????

www.missbelody.com-My Website  Current Weight 137, 13 pounds below Target

onikenbai
on 7/5/11 4:02 pm - Canada
Those are classic symptoms of dehydration.  Even if you're drinking all day, you still might not be drinking enough if you're out in the sun.  You may also need some electrolytes.  Nestea makes a SF sports drink so you might want to try that out.  Out in the sun or in extreme heat it's not uncommon to need a litre of water every hour or two, depending on how active you are and how hot it is, and it's going to be tough getting that in with little sips.

Monica M.
on 7/5/11 9:43 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i was going to suggest the same thing. make sure you get lots of water, with electrolytes if you need them (gatorade makes a 20 calorie drink). Stay out of the sun as much as possible.

yay for you, btw!!! you're awesome, such an inspiration to me, only 4 months out!!

highlandbear
on 7/5/11 10:00 pm - Canada
I am loving the heat. I have no problems running in it. Which is driving some of the people I run with crazy.  Glad to see that you are running again. Expect to see you at the Bay Race.  Are you getting dizzy with trying to exercise in the heat or just going out in it.  If you are getting dizzy by just being in the sun for 15 min and not exerciseing I say talk to the doc. You will be at the clinic tomorrow so ask them. Better be safe than sorry. Let us know what happens. Take care
Miss Belody
on 7/6/11 3:44 am - Keswick, Canada
no I am not getting the problems when I am running at all which is so odd, running in the heat has never bothered me.  I am having the issues when I am just out hanging out with my friends etc.  I am picking up some gaterade g2 apparently thats pretty good, so I am going to try it.  Thanks all!
  www.missbelody.com-My Website  Current Weight 137, 13 pounds below Target

Most Active
Recent Topics