Drinking alcohol....

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 11:26 pm
I had my first drink about six months out and I have one glass of wine once a week when we go out with our friends for our weekly catch up. I can feel that one glass of wine after I have had it. I wouldn't want to have more calories or feel out of control.

Hubby's retirement party is in a couple weeks and I know I won't drink there at all because there would be lots of people offering to buy. 
JJ_
on 7/9/11 9:36 am
When I met with the nutritionist on Thursday in Ottawa, she asked me if I was aware of the issue with alcohol.  I said that I had heard that post-surgery people get drunk with one drink.  She said that is one thing but the other is that it can lead to blood sugar issues and you may appear drunk but are slipping into a coma.  People will party around you and think you are sleeping.  It would be a sleep that you don`t wake up from.

Now I am not a drinker now, but that sure made me sit up and take notice.

Good luck in your decisions.

Judy
Joy D.
on 7/9/11 10:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
 WoW thats scary, glad i dont really drink  since i got smashed at my trailer and fell almost into the fire pit thank gawd for the rocks around it  but i have a horible face pic from it so i vowed to never do that again  now remember this was a few years ago when i used to drink vodka but not any  more .. and this was 5 days after it happen,   

" live n learn "

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

JJ_
on 7/9/11 10:18 am
OMG!!!  That is a real bruise.  It must have been REALLY puffy to begin with if this is 5 days later!

Take care,

Judy
Joy D.
on 7/9/11 10:55 am - Hamilton, Canada
 oh ya it was swollen shut, so i learned my lesson the hard way  and have no need for drinking now

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics