Off Topic: But Never know who might have an idea

ShrinkingHopefully
on 7/23/11 2:55 pm
 I have decided to try wearing makeup again, problem is eye makeup. Last couple of years I have allergic reactions to everything. So decided to start trying stuff that is suppose to be hypoallergenic. So far tried the pur minerals mascara and eye shadow. My eyelids are swollen and itchy. Now not as bad a reaction as I have had to some commercial brands!!!! Any suggestions? With the weight loss want to start to exercise my inner diva again!!! LOL! But this suckkkkks! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 6:44 pm, edited 7/23/11 6:45 pm - Canada
The only other "natural" brands that come to mind are The Body Shop and Yves Rocher.

Do you get the same reaction if you test the shadow on your hands or do you actually have to wear it on your eyes? That would really suck.

ETA: Have you tried cream shadows? Same reaction?
ShrinkingHopefully
on 7/23/11 11:17 pm
 The body shop has actually given some of the worst reactions of all. I can wear makeup from the nose down with some peeling but no swelling. So my hand is not going to show a reaction. I have to put it right on my eyes to know. Never heard of the other brand but I might have to try everything.
fifi99
on 7/23/11 11:42 pm - Durham Region, Canada
My eyes have never become swollen - but I used to get itchy eyes++
I now use MAC on my eyes - and it does not bother me at all.
MAC is not cheap - but I bet has a money back guarantee.
Deb
Gail B is my angel

Leslie W.
on 7/24/11 1:21 am - Cobourg, Canada
Have you thought of going for allergy testing?
What about Clinic products? Are they not also supposed to be hypoallergenic. You can probably get a sample before buying full size.

Good luck.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
samtq
on 7/24/11 6:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I have eczema on my eyelids so had to stop wearing eye shadow every day but to be honest since I have lost the weight I like my natural face just as much.  I just wear makeup for special occasions and am totally comfortable with my clean skin and mascara for every day wear.  Sometimes I wear powder during the day and I wear Pur Minerals.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
laura S.
on 7/24/11 12:27 pm - London, Canada
I have serious problems with eye liners for some reason.  Have tried a bunch of different hypoallergenic types, and for some weird reason the ONLY one that I can wear is the cheapest one out there - Annabelle!  I have no idea why, but its all I can seem to tolerate. 

Radiogirl39
on 7/25/11 6:06 am - Canada
My friends mom and I talk make up a lot as it is one of our fave things in the whole world.  She has allergies and reacts to most make ups.  She gets all her stuff at Clinique.  It's more expensive, but if you don't wear it a lot and only need a few things, getting the good stuff is worth it.  And you can usually get kits with diff things in it and costs less than buying them individually.  Just ask for any special offers they may have on right now.  Good luck and happy make-upping!

Julie M.
Karen M.
on 7/25/11 6:08 am - Mississauga, Canada
I totally concur on the Clinique line and I *love* the little gift bags you get!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics