Did anyone else have their surgery date changed

A T.
on 8/31/11 9:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
Krista from St. Joe's Hamilton called this morning and changed my date from Sept 6 to Sept 9.

I know it is not a big difference but I had to take time off work and now I have
to change the dates.

Not happy at the moment also more days of Optifast!!

StevesGal
on 8/31/11 10:16 am - Hamilton, Canada
Sorry to hear this.  I don't know if you'll have to take more OF - others who've had this happen said that they were just told to keep on the liquid diet a few more days.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

NurseTammy
on 8/31/11 10:28 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hey, my surgery was originally booked for July 22nd, but Krista called to change it to the 26th for OR scheduling reasons.  Only difference is that she called before I started Opti - although that didn't stop me from freaking out, lol.  Everything had been booked off from work and stuff, but I ended up having vacation time that I used the week before surgery to clean the house, prepare post-op meals etc.

Give the clinic a call to see what their advice is.  They will get back to you I am sure.  Even call tonight, leave a message and they might call tomorrow.  This happens all the time with elective operations.

Good luck!
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

MagentaJoe
on 8/31/11 1:28 pm
Mine has been changed twice now. Currently I am set for Sept 7th. It was the morning of my surgery on the 29th of Aug when I was called to move it. I was totally done my Optifast and was told to eat low fat food and not too much. Then the normal liquid diet for the last two days.

It is strange to have accepted the fact that I won't be eating much for weeks and weeks and even then will be eating so little to suddenly back to almost regular eating. I lost 16 pounds in the two weeks of Optifast and sure don't want to gaiun it back so I have been extra careful about what I consume.

Ready-for-change
on 8/31/11 8:54 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Krista originally had me booked in August and before I could call her back to get the details I had a message that she needed to reschedule me for September.  She did tell me that my delay was because my procedure would  be a bit more difficult so they needed to book a longer OR time.

lexxiblue
on 8/31/11 10:21 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
speaking of changing dates... and i know this isn't as important as surgery... but i had luckily got my 2 scope dates.. yep i gotta do the endocospy and colonscopy together... for when i am on vacation.. but awesome krista called and changed them to later on in september when i will again have to take 2 more days off work... so far they've been understanding with all the time off i've had even tho they are unaware what for!!  oh well luckily i have 3 weeks vacation to do all this in!  good luck to you allison!!! you'll be on the bench sooner than you think!
take care of you
deb
Most Active
Recent Topics