What are you Thankful for

highlandbear
on 10/9/11 1:09 pm - Canada
Just wondering what everyone is thankful for. After this week and my husband being in a bad car accident car total I am thankful that he was not hurt and it helped me to realize how much he truly does mean to me.  We are not people with alot of money so I am so thankful that we are both working have a roof over us and food on table and some very great friends. I better not forget my step daughter and grandkids or they will kill me. With this past week being so tough it just open my eyes to see how so many people do care about us and are willing to help us.  Please take time to really think of what you grateful and enjoy this thankgiving no matter how you spend it.
Barb
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 9:09 pm - Canada
SOOOOO much to be thankful for this year:

1. My RNY for giving me back my life & my health
2. My brother & his family moving out - I'm thankful that they now know how expensive things are and I'm thankful that the kids, especially my nephew, have their own space.
3. I'm thankful that we made it through another year without losing any family members.
4. I'm thankful for my dad. Even though we argue some days I'm glad he's here and that he too is in good health.
5. I'm thankful for my dogs - they make me laugh every day.
6. And I'm thankful for OH and everyone here who's been supportive during my WLS journey. It would've been tough to go it alone.
bogie
on 10/9/11 10:59 pm - Canada
I don't even know where to start there is so much I am thankful for.
I am thankful to God for all the blessings in my life

For my wonderful husband and 4 children (including 2 daughterinlaws. a soninlaw and 5 grandchildren)

For close friends that are always there for me.

For our home and all the comforts we have in this free country we live in.

For my new lease on life because of WLS and the hope our now feel for my future...it is exciting!!

I could go on and on

bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

sam1am
on 10/10/11 1:21 am
Great post, Barb!

I am thankful for so many things.  First of all good health for my family and myself.  I am thankful for terrific parents and siblings, a mostly great husband  always great kids, (hehe in my mind they are perfect, anyway), a nice home and a good job.  I am very thankful to our health care system that provided me with this amazing weightloss tool and the members of this board for support and friendship.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

highlandbear
on 10/10/11 2:01 am - Canada
It is nice to see someone thankful for the health care that we do have. I hear so often how bad the health care is and I know it is not perfect but we are so much better off than in other countries. 
I posted this subject because of the tough week that I had and I had to stop and make myself remember even when things are tough I have a lot to be thankful for. i just hope other people remember when things are bad there still things to be thankful for
Quinns_mommy
on 10/10/11 4:18 am
Great post! So many blessings! So many things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my beautiful baby boy who will be 2 next month!
I am thankful for my husband, who is the most supportive man and amazing father.
I am thankful for my sister, who has been there for me since day 1.
I am thankful for my family and my husbands family, my friends, and my 2 cats :)
I am forever thankful for OHIP for giving me the gift of RYN, and thankful for the RNY experience which has shown me what hard work REALLY is.

I am thankful for life... to be living... to be free.

:)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Eileen C.
on 10/10/11 4:44 am - Cornwall, Canada
Barb

I am thankful that your hubby wasn't seriously injured in the accident, cars can be fixed or replaced,

harder to do with people, the most important person in your life

I am thankful for my surgery because it gave me back my life,  for my family and close friends, here

on the website and at home

I am thankful that I had most of my food prepared yesterday before my countertop range died on me

LOL, thankful that I had a microwave oven and my regular oven to complete my Thanksgiving meal,

LOL, the turkey was finished and I was trying to cook my potatoes and carrots and had to do them by

the micro

Thankful that I am alive and as you, have a roof over my head, food to eat etc

Take care and give thanks to all that deserve our love and devotion and spend your time and energy

with all those we love and they love us back

Eileen  
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
highlandbear
on 10/10/11 6:09 am - Canada
Glad you had most of your dinner made before your range went out on you. Hope you can get it fixed soon. You know when we take time and think about what we have to be thankful for we can find so many things. i am going to try and make a list and when things are tough and I am down I can go and look at the list and help me to remember that there is so much in life we should be grateful for. I truly hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.
Most Active
Recent Topics