OT: Teaopia - ever tried their teas?

Toni B.
on 12/5/11 9:59 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12

Since I am a two milk two sugar kind of coffee drinker, I am looking to replace my usual "hot beverage" with something that's better for me and that I don't have to add sugar to.

I was told to check out Teaopia at the mall, and I was very impressed with the endless amounts of selection. I bought a couple fruity blends and I am going to try them this week.

Has anyone else been a previous "sugar in their coffee kinda drinker" that has tried something at Teopia and found something they like? 

Curiously yours....

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Peel1234
on 12/5/11 10:07 am
Hi Toni I too am a 2 milk 2 sweetener tea drinker.  I've just started with David's teas.  Great!.  I personally like the citrus blends.they do still have caffeine so you have to be careful.  They quote"all are teas have caffeine"  but it's less the shorter you steep.  Never liked flavored teas till post op and I find myself in the same situation. 
Teaopia has an after eight which is a peppermint/chocolate tasty.
-they also have a Christmas blend, tasty

-David's has an la la lemon and yellow dragon personal favorites. 

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

Sirene
on 12/5/11 11:13 am - Ottawa, Canada
At Teaopia, the Roiboos are my favourite and they are caffeine free. They have a Devil's Food Chocolate one that is especially good....IMO
I take sweetner and milk in my (decaf) coffee but I drink tea with no sugar or sweetener. They do have agave nectar at teaopia though.

Jennifer  

Leslie W.
on 12/5/11 12:09 pm - Cobourg, Canada
I love Teaopia. You need to get the steeper for teas. Davids teas are good too.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
RubyTues
on 12/5/11 12:17 pm - Canada
I went there when I was in my pre op OF stage looking for something to have. Some of the ones that smelled and looked so yummy had big chunks of fruit in them and with not being able to have sugar pre op I passed but found a Tangerine Dream decaf one that wasn't too bad. I find the experience of teas like that are 60 % aroma and 40% flavour LOL

brenda65
on 12/5/11 5:19 pm - Ottawa, Canada
The  Roiboos i like is Mudslide and sunshine Honeybush!
they are out of Mudslide have been for a long time but expecting it in this week.. i have to stock up again!
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

sueberman
on 12/5/11 9:31 pm
I have a shelf full of different teas and now that it's cold out, I'm glad I have them.  Yummy.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Derek C.
on 12/5/11 10:37 pm - North Bay , Canada
Hey Toni .... My wife Toni and I are loyal David's Tea Customers at our mall - i have a caffine free peppermint blend that I have especially after my pouch is a little irriated - My wife has about 25 flavours on the go lol

Hope everything is going well for you

Derek

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Toni B.
on 12/6/11 2:24 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Thanks Derek! Yep, everything is going well with me. 
I will have to check out this David's Teas next time I head over to the bay. Is the store located @ Northgate ?

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Derek C.
on 12/6/11 2:27 am - North Bay , Canada
Hey Toni  - yupper its in the middle section across from Sears and Peoples

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics