a day full of NSVs

Sirene
on 12/15/11 5:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
So today I had a couple of NSVs that made me feel probably the best I have felt in say....8 weeks :P

Today, I am 8 weeks out and since I started optifast and I have lost 51lbs. I am pretty stoked about that.

But even more so, I was given some workout wear that I thought would be WAY too small for quite a while yet and today when I went to the gym, I wore it. And I must say, I wore it well!!

Then.....I decided to try interval training on the treadmill at the gym. I have slowly started back at the gym over the past 2 weeks doing aquafit 3x a week, but that's it. I haven't had a really hardcore workout since June. And even then, trying to run on the treadmill back then would have been near suicide with not only the pain in my hip joint, but just trying to run in general at that weight was so hard. I used to try 1min walk and 1 min run and I could usually get maybe 2 done and then I would have to switch to walk only.....out of breath and in pain...

TODAY....I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, 2.5minute intervals of walk/run and did the whole thing!!!! And I felt friggin AWESOME!!! Oh hell ya I was sweating and there was 1 brief second right at the beginning where I thought maybe I might puke, but once that passed, it was great!! I am so unbelievably proud of this moment, I can't even put it into words.

For those of you who have started running after surgery, do you remember that moment when you thought....omg I may just actually be able to do this/I just did this......and then the tears started???
Well....that's how I felt! Luckily I was sweating profusely and nobody noticed the tears, probably because I was smiling from ear to ear like a damned fool!!

THEN....to top it all off....when I got back from an errand, I had on a jacket that I had never worn before because it was always too small. Its a rain jacket that I figured I would be able to wear come spring....but when I tried it on, it fit!! AND I could zip it up too!!! without even holding my breath first!!

When I walked up to the front door, my Honey came and opened it and said...."Oh its you!! I didn't recognize you!!! You look so thin in that jacket!!"

Thanks to everyone who has cheered me on these past 8 weeks :) I haven't had an awesome day in a very long time. It was worth the wait :)

Jennifer  

Catw
on 12/15/11 5:48 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Way to go Jennifer!  Keep it up, and you'll be able to run the whole time!  

Lots of things I didn't think I could do at the gym, but with a little pushing (by a good friend)  I found I can do more than I thought.  I promised him that I'd try pull ups between Christmasn and New Years, never been able to before, but like you found out, who knows what you can do until you try!

Keep it up, you are doing great!

Cathy
Brenda T.
on 12/15/11 5:55 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That is wonderful!!! You should be proud of yourself!!! Congratulations on all your hard work.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

wls123
on 12/15/11 6:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
Woohoooo!!!!  Great news Jennifer!  I'm so happy for you!  Keep up the good work!

Jodi

Optifast starting weight 272 lbs
Surgery weight 256 lbs

My Angel is Sheri139        
babycat35
on 12/15/11 6:42 am - Gilbertsville, PA

I am so happy for you. If I was there I probably would be crying for you also. I still am afraid to try the running. So it is awesome that you did it, even more awesome that you were not afraid to do it.
Congratulations on the clothes, it is such a great feeling. And I don't know about you, but when I am wearing something that I never wore before I still can't wrap my head around why it didn't fit before because I have a hard time seeing the weight loss.
Good for you!!!

charolli
on 12/15/11 6:57 am - Canada
Good for you Jennifer...I know you have struggled personally since your surgery and am sure your Mum is with you urging and cheering  you on.
best wishes, i'm sure this is just the beginning of many more victories for you,
charolli

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

Toni B.
on 12/15/11 9:21 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Jennifer, I so thoroughly enjoyed reading this post! Your happiness and enthusiasm is bubbles through each sentence. Congratulations on your success and girl, keep doing what you're doing... because you're doing awesome!!!!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Sher1ock
on 12/15/11 11:46 am - Canada
To quote Mr. Paul Simon....Sail on Silver Girl!!!!!  (...just picked that emoticon because it cracks me up)

Congrats on such a magnificant day!  I'm doing interval training too.  Right now I'm working on a six month interval.

JJ_
on 12/15/11 6:57 pm, edited 12/15/11 6:58 pm
six month interval......

Oh stop making me laugh, I might burst some stitches!!
Sirene
on 12/16/11 8:24 am - Ottawa, Canada
*snort*
Janet you kill me...

Jennifer  

Most Active
Recent Topics