What are you eating/ doing today? (Friday)

Leanne1
on 12/15/11 6:30 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Good morning everyone

Off to work for me this morning. Then going to do a little more shopping- my new addiction! All I really need is my calcium citrate and 2 Christmas cards for my bfs grandparents.

B- 2/3c granola w/milk
in my lunch bag- salad w/italian dressing, chili, grapes, cheese, nuts, bite size peanut butter cookies, and I bought those new ritz pretzal crackers- I liiike them :)
D- potluck with friends

all water, tea (I think I reeeaally want a Keurig!!!!!), and vitamins in.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
birdiegirl
on 12/15/11 7:08 pm

Morning Leanne

Enjoy that shopping....I just hate going anywhere near the malls right now....have fun...I am also thinking of a Keurig....it would be great for at night when I just want one cup of coffee....just cant decide between the Keurig or the Tassimo...hopefully will hear from people who have either one

Have added an extra workout to the weeks before and after Christmas....hope it will help with the extra Christmas "Stuff" that gets consumed...

Pre-workout - protein shake

B - bagel with creme cheese

l - out - turkey/mashed/dressing/veg/salad/....bit of everything

d - leftover pot roast

s - frozen yogurt bar

All water and vits....have a great one

Barb

Manda M.
on 12/15/11 9:08 pm
I would say try the Hamilton Beach "Scoop" they are $69 bucks and you scoop your own coffee without having to buy all those individual servings. I know if I drank coffee I would pick this one.over a Tassimo or Keurig anyday.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 9:51 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I had to google this one to see and I wouldn't buy that one ever.  First of all it has no water reservoir so you have to add it each time, Keurig has a huge water reservoir.  Next thing is you can only use it for coffee, Keurig, you can use it for coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate, lemon drinks,iced drinks etc.  With Keurig you have the option of using the K cups or using your own coffee.  For a bit more money, the Keurig is the better deal IMO.
birdiegirl
on 12/15/11 10:23 pm

Thanks for the info Karen and Tracey re the Keurig....my husband is hyper-ventilating re what to get me for Christmas....so I dropped the Keurig hint this morning..

...and for him to get the attachment for my own coffee

thanks

Barb

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 10:34 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Better drop that there are various types of Keurig as well.  I'd make sure to get the one with the water reservoir unless you want to fill it for each cup.  You may also want to get the one that has more than one cup size to choose from.  I got my mom the Platinum edition but there's also one called the Special Edition too I believe. 
thenewbre
on 12/18/11 10:21 am
If you get the Keurig (which I LOVE BTW) I highly suggest heading out to ECS coffee (google them they are on Appleby Line).
They are amazing! You can buy ANY kind of K-Cup there, either in boxes OR indivdual mix and match...they are AMAZING!

Karen M.
on 12/15/11 9:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Keurig uses real coffee, Tassimo uses "crystals".

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 7:46 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Good morning you two, I"m actually out of bed after about 7 hours sleep.  I have very little to do today so I think it's going to be a good day to crawl in my bed with a good book and just read and relax.

Barb I'd go with the Keurig over the Tassimo.  I bought my mom one when they first came out  3-4 years ago, and she still loves it. I only know a few people that bought the Tassimo and they have all been disappointed and went back and bought a Keurig.

B -  once I am done another few cups of coffee I will have some greek yogurt with frozen banana in it

S - 4 triscuits, 1 ounce emmental cheese

L -  unfried chicken thigh, green beans (i love leftovers)

S - clementine

D - something with sausages in it....my other half bought 5 lbs of homemade sausages to support a co-worker's son's hockey team and he delivered 5 lbs of them to us last night at 8pm.  I never cook sausages in the winter so will be looking for a recipe to cook indoors with them.  It will have some sort of veggies with it no doubt.

Weekend is here and I am going to try to not have any booze again this weekend.  I will be drinking way too much next weekend so trying to go a good two weeks without even so much as a glass of wine.

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/15/11 7:54 pm - Windsor, Canada
Good morning!

I'll be continuing to hang out at Guelph General today with hubby. My only plan is to get him walking. Lol. Couldn't sleep last night as the winds were furiously whipping around.

Will be starting the day with a wonderful breakfast (thank goodness my MIL and I are staying at a lovely Bed and Breakfast as most of the time we are eating hospital food. Not the most exciting election as you can imagine! Perhaps tonight we will head downtown for a proper meal lol

Hope you alll have a great day!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics