What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Karen W.
on 1/17/12 9:26 pm - Canada
Good morning!

Off to work, then I have my 9-month follow-up appt at the hospital.  Working on cover letters as I'm trying to line up a practicum for the spring/summer so that I can finish this degree, and am really hoping that someone will actually pay me for my practicum (almost unheard of in social work).

B - Greek yogurt, strawberries, Kashi cereal (2T)
S - oz old cheddar, grapes
L - baby spinach, sesame seeds, LF dressing, turkey
S - 1/2 protein bar
D - don't know yet, maybe tuna and a few ww crackers
S - don't know

Have a great day, everyone!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Monica M.
on 1/17/12 9:31 pm, edited 1/17/12 9:32 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Good morning Karen!!! Where do you live? what area are you looking to do your practicum? good luck with getting paid, that'll be a challenge.

i had a much better day yesterday. I went back to using my timer on my phone to remind me about 30 minutes no drinking, which really helped. Not just with the no drinking, but to remind myself to wait. I was "hungry" last night, but made myself wait till 8pm to have a snack, which really worked well. Thanks to everyone who chimed in yesterday to remind me about the bigger picture, and the techniques to stop stupidness!

B- egg scrambled in microwave, 1 oz light cheese
S - bran muffin and cheese
L - meatballs and broccoli
S - yogurt with bran
D - fish, some kind of veggie
S - banana

Karen M.
on 1/17/12 9:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Morning all :)

I miss you guys! Busy, buys, busy! Council today but not sure if I'm going yet.  Kind of hoping not, as I can watch it on my desktop AND my TOM is freakin' out of control (kinda hard to keep getting up to leave in the middle of the meeting. lol)  We have the most awesome cafe here at City Hall - the menu is unbelievable, quite frankly.  Going to get lunch there today.

B - coffee with milk x 2, protein shake
S - 1 mini babybel cheese, 1/2 Kashi pumpkin bar
L - 1/2 wrap (Grilled AAA beef with romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, peppers and chili aioli)
S - leftover lunch if I'm hungry, tea in the afternoon
D - leftover pasta with tons of veggies and beef

REALLY need to work on my water intake - I'm finding myself quite dehydrated.  Dilemma - drink lots = pee lots for me, pee lots = leaving meetings to pee. LOL  Anyway, I'm going to be much more mindful of my water.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

nomore_tears
on 1/17/12 9:56 pm - Canada
I am soooo tired lately I feel like I just can't catch up on my sleep. Very slow drive into Ottawa this morning took me nearly 2 hours from Rockland. Moving in less then a week can't wait thats going to cut my driving

B - 5 tbsp of oatmeal with 1 tbsp sucralose
S - Cheese String
L - Homemade Chili
S - Peperette
D - Chicken with salad
S - Protein Shake

Have a good day everyone

Referral: January 2010                     Nut/Behav: June 9/2011 1st appt - Dr. Wicklum: March/2010  6th app: Dr. Wicklum: June 16, 2011
2nd appt - Dr. Wicklum: June/10       Education Class: Sept 28, 2011
3rd appt - Dr. Wicklum: Sept 10         Meet the Surgeon: Oct 4, 2011
 4th appt - Dr Wicklum: Jan 2011       Start Optifast: Oct 19th, 2011
Orientastion Class : Feb 2011             Pre-Op: Oct 24th, 2011
5th appt: DR Wicklum: March 2011     Surgery: Nov 9th, 2011

Heaviest Weight; 308 lbs    After Optifast: 288 lbs    Morning of Surgery: 288 lbs     Goal Weight: 160 lbs Current Weight 202 lbs

Leanne1
on 1/17/12 10:42 pm, edited 1/17/12 10:43 pm - Newmarket, Canada
good morning everyone

Just got called into work...

B1- corn bran flakes
B2- 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon
L- 1/2 hamburger goulash and a biscuit
D- chicken wrapped in bacon and salad (or however my bf makes it)
snacks- protein shake and cutie orange; yoguart and fibre bar; 2 triangles of laughing cow cheese and crackers; Protein shake.

1228cals, 53.8g fats, 88.3g carbs, 125g protein and 21.4g fibre

have a good day

EDITED: How can I add about 10g/15g more of fibre per day??? I need to get in more fibre to help my issue out.. thanks gals :)
Monica M.
on 1/18/12 2:37 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it was suggested to me by the dietitian at HRRH to add bran to my diet, you know the bran you make muffins out of (not all bran buds or flakes, but the actual bran). I add two Tbsp to yogurt, and its actually pretty good. I'm sure you could add it to other things too. It's kind of dry and flaky, so you need to add it to something moist. I havent added it to anything savoury, like soup, but it'd be worth a try if you wanted to.

Leanne1
on 1/18/12 10:11 am - Newmarket, Canada
Thank you Monica! I will give it a try!
birdiegirl
on 1/17/12 11:55 pm

Morning

Leavin on a jet plane this afternoon....whoo hoo....

B - bagel with creme cheese

s - greek yogurt

l - small egg bite

d - on board - and a glass of red wine for Tracey

Hopefully all water - I hate restrooms on the plane....

Have a great one

Barb

Monica M.
on 1/18/12 2:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
where you goin, Barb???

Marny B.
on 1/18/12 12:00 am - Canada
Morning.  Back to work today- off yesterday with my little one who had double ear infections...poor little muffinn.  It was as a very relaxing day on the couch cuddling and watching cartoons, napping, etc.... But today is back to reality.  :)

B- protein shake- really liking the "Chocorite" brand.  I use 1 cup milk, 2 scoops Chocorite (24g protein), 1 scoop Big Train Iced Cafe Mocha Mix (from LCG), and blend it all with ice.  Yummy. 

S- Cheese string and apple

L- leftover beef and kidney bean chili from dinner last night

S- greek yogurt

D- the insides of the chicken enchillada bake I am making for the fam.

S- Quest protein bar after my run tonight. (Ran yesterday and MAN it was cold.  Temp on the car said 6 degrees, but the wind was wicked and cold, making it feel impossible to breathe. Hope tonight will be better.) 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics