Calcium Citrate Opinion Poll

Toni B.
on 1/23/12 8:25 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 While I managed to get all my vitamins in today, I really didn't care for my Webber Naturals Blueberry flavoured Liquid Calcium Citrate plys Vitamin D.

I'm thinking I need to convert to a chewable version... 

Just wondering what people like... I guess it's sort of an opinion poll?

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 8:26 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I just bought the regular ones that you would normally swallow and just chewed them.  They have no flavour at all.  You could even crush them and hide them in a spoonful of yogurt if the thought of chewing them grosses you out.  LOL
Toni B.
on 1/23/12 8:30 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Well, if it's that easy than yes! That's what I want to do! I've been so focused on everything being chewable...but as long as I can get it in, that's all that matters. Thanks Tracy!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 8:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Ooops guess it shouldn't be in yogurt.  We were told not to take our calcium with other calcium rich foods so definitely not with dairy.  You could even let it dissolve in a bit of water and drink it back.
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 8:35 am - Canada
I use the Citrical Petites and just chew them. Tracey's right...they're completely flavorless but the texture's a *****alky. I take them with orange flavored Vit. D and it makes them go down easier.
happypants
on 1/23/12 9:02 am - Ottawa, Canada

Toni these are the ones I take. I did the liquid post op but HATED it. The fruity flavor was gross. I would agree with Tracey that chewing them would be the cheapest and flavor wise the best way to go. From about two months post op I was swallowing the petites.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

momof4beautifulgirls
on 1/23/12 9:45 am - Canada
I agree the liquid Webber's Blueberry is pretty yucky.  Where do you buy Citracal Petites?

onehotmom
on 1/23/12 10:29 pm
Where do you buy these Ann?
A.    
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 10:41 pm, edited 1/23/12 10:43 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Most drug stores carry them.  I have seen them at Walmart, Shopper's, Guardian.

ETA:  You need to take a lot of pills per day to get up to your 1500 mg if that is what your surgeon suggest.  I make sure to buy a brand that has 500 mg per tablet then I only need to take 3 times per day.  I believe Citracal Petites only have 200 mg per tablet.

PatXYZ
on 1/23/12 9:15 am
Bariatric Advantage offers chewable Calcium Citrate with added vitamin D and K in chocolate, cherry and cinnamon if you wanted to have something that would be a little 'treat' during the day. For myself, I'm going with the Celebrate Calcium Plus tablets (small enough to swallow) which come with added magnesium, zinc, copper, D and K. They are also available in chewable form in cherry, and berries and cream flavours, but the chewables have sorbitol which doesn't agree with my stomach.
Most Active
Recent Topics