I got my orientation date!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/12 8:18 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
My letter came in the mail tonight...I have my orientation session at TWH on February 22nd.  Very exciting!

I guess I should figure out how to change my name from "ThinkingItOver" to something else, but I can't think of a good handle...

Is anyone else going to their orientation at TWH on that date?
Julia P.
on 1/25/12 8:28 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12
Congratulations!  I'm also going through TWH, but my orientation will not likely be until March/April (was referred earlier this month).  Good luck to you, and I look forward to hearing about your experience!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Brenda T.
on 1/25/12 8:45 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on your orientation date!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/12 8:47 am, edited 1/24/12 8:49 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Thanks, JMP! I still feel like such a newbie to the process that it seems strange to think of someone watching my progress! And thanks Brenda - it was great getting this letter tonight.

I managed to change my username and hopefully my signature shows up so people will know who I was before...I guess figuring out an avatar is next.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Toni B.
on 1/25/12 9:09 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 I like the OH name change! Good stuff!

Congrats on getting your Orientaion letter! 

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/12 9:18 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Thanks, Toni.  I finally figured out how! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Monica M.
on 1/25/12 10:23 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yay for you!!! great new name! now, next step is a picture so we can see your beautiful face!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/12 8:09 pm, edited 1/25/12 8:33 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I do need to get an avatar! But I don't think I'm going to use my real face in it. I am probably going to want to share lots of stuff that happens along the way, and I am nervous about people I know from work or other acquaintences stumbling upon it, attached to my face or name. The only person who knows I'm doing this is my husband right now - I haven't even told the rest of my family yet.

If I use my real name and picture, I will feel too self-conscious to share anything personal in case someone I know outside of this community discovers it. But like this, I feel like I can share lots! And I do look forward to meeting other OH folks, either in support groups or through the TWH program or anywhere else our paths might cross. I would have no problem with other OH people knowing who I am!

Edit: There we go. A picture of a waterfall I took while on honeymoon last year. That's a good illustration of "Onward and Downward!"

Monica M.
on 1/25/12 9:25 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's an awesome picture, imagine the incredible force of tha****er. That's your energy, your force.

I understand about the picture thing. It would be nice for us to be able to see you. You can set your picture albums to private, so only friends can see you. But you do whatever you're comfortable with. I want you to be able to be totally open here, and if not having your pic there helps, then more power to you!!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/25/12 9:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Oh, that's interesting!  I didn't realize that I could just put pictures up privately.  I haven't explored all the things I can do with this account - I was mostly just interested in the discussion forum. 

Okay, I'll look into that, maybe tonight.  Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, waterfalls are really amazing.  Hopefully my energy levels WILL feel like that eventually! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics