Cereal

alexforest
on 2/26/12 9:03 am - Canada
hey guys,, any suggestions for different cereals for someone five weeks out, i'm so tired of cream of wheat and rolled oats.. help me !!!!!
thenewbre
on 2/26/12 9:14 am
Natures Path makes a fantastic low fat/calorie high protien cereal...Ive only had the Vanilla flavor, and its amazing. I love it on yogurt!

Toni B.
on 2/26/12 9:26 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Kellogg's Special K Protein Plus Cereal (383g)

I absolutely love this cereal... with the added protein boost and its pretty decent on the calorie front too. I can't find it around home, so I order mine from Low Carb Grocery. It has a hint of cinnamon flavour to the flakes...and it is soooo filling and has lots of fibre!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Leanne1
on 2/26/12 10:41 am - Newmarket, Canada
How much protein?? This looks like something I want to try
Toni B.
on 2/26/12 10:53 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 10g of protein for 3/4cup of cereal...

www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/product_info.php

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Leanne1
on 2/26/12 11:02 am - Newmarket, Canada
Cool! thank you!
Leanne1
on 2/26/12 10:48 am - Newmarket, Canada
I like the pc blue menu almond and raisin granola or harvest crunch or bran cereals.
I have also eaten special k, honey nut cheerios, cheerios, bran corn squares (they look like capn crunch).
Karen W.
on 2/26/12 10:07 pm - Canada
Kashi Go Lean, per cup, has 200 calories, 37 g car, and 13 g protein.  I often add a couple of tablespoons to my greek yogurt and fruit.

I haven't had cereal on its own since surgery, as there are much better high-protein breakfast options (eggs, Greek yogurt, LF cheese, turkey bacon, etc.).

RNY April 11, 2011       

Mary A.
on 2/28/12 5:00 am
I am not a huge cereal fan, but I have tried the Kashi cereals and a 1/4 cup is just right and then if needed added to greek yougurt...well it makes everything just yummy!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics