where can i find calcium CITRATE with the appropriate amount of vitamin D in it?? **hamilton**

hjb
on 3/6/12 1:11 pm
having the HARDEST time finding it. i only ever find calcium carbonate...or if i do find citrate, it doesn't have a high enough amount of vitamin D in it. not to mention the pharmacy workers here can NEVER tell me what the difference between citrate and carbonate is... it's rather insane that i never get a straight answer.

my surgery is in 2 weeks and i need to make sure i have the right vitamins!

thanks guys!
thenewbre
on 3/6/12 1:51 pm
Hey hjb,

I know for me originally I just took the calcium however after my first blood tests, my D was low (this is apparently VERY common). You can get get D drops or D chews to suppliment the D thats in the calcium. Hope that helps....

AngelaTH
on 3/6/12 7:25 pm - Canada
Hi, the dietician in Hamilton told me to take the Citracal brand. It has vitamin D in it. Each pill has calcium citrate 315mg and vitamin D 200 iu. I take 2 pills twice a day. I bought them at Walmart but I can't remember how much they were.
Leanne1
on 3/6/12 8:33 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I get my Calcium Citrate at Walmart! huge bottle (I think there's 180 pills in it, it's about $12, it has vitamin D3 (200UI) in it.

Also check your multi-vitamin (also get it at Walmart) cuz it should also have Vitamin D3 in it (mine has 600UI)
I was also taking an extra D3 (1000UI) but my Dr told me on monday to stop taking it cuz I am getting enough D3 thru my multi vitamin and Calcium citrate

I usually get all my vitamins when they go on sale

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

350Ann180
on 3/6/12 10:01 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
I buy mine at our local Pharmasave Pharmacy - small town - no choices.  But it is a Calcium Citrate with D3 - as posted above - I take 2 pills twice a day.

Patti K.
on 3/6/12 10:12 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Hi...I don't believe that you find "enough" of what you're looking for in any combination...I take my Citracal Calcium + D3 Petites...but I also take extra Vit. D...I buy it in the states at Walmart--200 for 10.92$.  After your surgery...we just absorb the citrate better than the carbonate...good luck...Patti K.

hjb
on 3/6/12 10:55 pm
thank you everyone! i am going to try walmart :)
Tammy J.
on 3/8/12 12:38 am - Canada
RNY on 02/21/13
in case u havent found them yet i got the life brand from shoppers drug mart liquid  and 1000mg calcuim with vitamin d 400iu blueberry flavor sugar free
Tammy J.
on 3/8/12 12:50 am - Canada
RNY on 02/21/13
the differance between the citrate and carbanate is the absortion and citrate is easier on the tummy thats what my pharmacy told me where u getting your sugery done? i had my last appointment and now they decided i need to get all this heart testing done errrggggg frustrated  its for my own good i know but to come so close then more test discouraging to say the least i have everything i will need post op even some foods i am a huge planner so i have to do more test and then i will move forward.
Most Active
Recent Topics