around the Bay

highlandbear
on 3/25/12 6:26 am - Canada
Yes I did it.  30k run who would have ever thought that I would run for 30k. Not sure of time I know it was around the 4 hour mark. I was hoping to do it in 3 1/2 but did not happen and I am OK with it because I finished it and that is all that counts. My trainer came and ran the last 4k with me and for that I am so grateful because I was hurting so much. Muscle cramps. Alto of people were suffering with muscle cramps due to the warm weather. My next plan will be a full marathon and I will not care how long it takes. I am doing it to prove to me that I can do it. My husband has become my biggest supporter and for that I am truly grateful. What a life I have now.  I am so thankful that I was given the tool to change my life and be able to live life to the fullest. I just want to tell everyone if you have a dream go for it life is to short. You are strong and can do anything you put your mind to.
Kimmer75
on 3/25/12 6:45 am - London, Canada
Congrats on your 30k run!!!!  One of my goals after having surgery is to do a 10k run that's for Make-a-Wish.  Hopefully I can try it next year, but that all depends on when I get my surgery.  
highlandbear
on 3/25/12 6:48 am - Canada
You will do it if you put your mind to it and do the training. If not next year than the following year. You  can do it
Dianadcr
on 3/25/12 6:49 am - Canada
Congratulations. That is dream todo that the around the bay.I'm two months out. I hope to start running soon. You're an inspiration!
  Diana

highlandbear
on 3/25/12 9:55 pm - Canada
If you want to run you can do it. Start out slow
the44plan
on 3/25/12 7:42 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Wow, how wonderful and your story is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.. 
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

sam1am
on 3/25/12 9:36 am
Wow Barb, I am so proud of you, congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

highlandbear
on 3/25/12 9:55 pm - Canada
Thanks it was a dream come true
binaakwe
on 3/25/12 12:52 pm - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Thank you for the incredible, motivating victory share.  At this pre-op point, I can't imagine running to the mailbox at the corner of my street.  But who knows what things I might achieve once I have learned to lose and maintain my weight and integrate fitness into my life.  Thanks again!

- Bin

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

highlandbear
on 3/25/12 9:58 pm - Canada
I never thought I would run when I was pre-op. I could not even walk a block without having to stop and catch my breath. My breathing was so bad. Running is not for everyone but after surgery you want to run you will be able to if you set your mind to it.
Most Active
Recent Topics