Delayed due to drug shortage?

truckingbride
on 4/4/12 12:45 pm - Harriston , Canada
Has anyone at Guelph gotten anywhere in the last like 4 months? I wondered if there has been any notification that the sandoz drug shortage has delayed elective surgeries? I work within this LHIN and I know about wait times and a lot about the drug shortage I just wondered if anyone at Guelph has heard if this is slowing us down?

(I dont need a lecture if you were planning on giving me one about having patience& waiting my turn)
Brenda T.
on 4/4/12 1:12 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm not going through Guelph, but the surgeon at TWH didn't say anything about it being a problem.
Hope things pick up for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

hobbithands
on 4/4/12 3:34 pm - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Unfortunately Guelph is just sooo over whelmed that the back log is INSANE. I know the wait is only about a year now but even last month between referral and orientation alone was 16-17 months, so it isnt a drug shortage just an absolute cluster of too many referrals, not enough doctors to deal with it all they went on holiday and did no orientations for July and August so they are now just tryong to catch up in all aspects.
They are now transferring 10 people a week to Humber hopefully that will help with the backlog.

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 9:19 pm - Guelph, Canada
 i had my post op eating class last week and i asked Audrey this exact question and she said no worries.... nothing has been cancelled or postponed and she did not anticipate problems in the near future
Monica M.
on 4/4/12 9:26 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
can i give you a lecture about not expecting negative feedback?

350Ann180
on 4/4/12 9:50 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 9:36 pm - Toronto, Canada
 lol, Monica.  That cracked me up.
Linda G.
on 4/4/12 9:47 pm - Canada

me too!

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Most Active
Recent Topics