Run Fatty Run

Jonathin
on 4/13/12 4:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
Story copied from another source:

I want to tell you something. Ever since I was a child, I have been made fun of and picked on as "the fat girl". I have heard every insult you can possibly imagine, including your Forrest Gump reference. While you were sitting in your black sports car, driving down the road on this lovely day, you thought it would be funny to yell "run fatty run" at me. I am sure you did not expect me to yell "fuck you!" back, which is why you came around for a second yell, which I ignored.

It might be hard for you to see, but I now weigh 160 pounds. I have lost over 30 pounds in 7 months, and gained more confidence than I can measure. While your childish methods of picking on someone may be the only outlet for you to find joy in life, I find my satisfaction in bettering myself as a human being, not making others feel like less of one. Your hateful words, while they hurt at first, gave me more motivation to run an additional half mile today, which allowed me to run 1.5 miles non-stop - something that I have never done.

So please, continue to make fun of me. I will be running that same route every other day, huffing and puffing my ass until it becomes as easy as normal breathing. One day, you will be driving by and see me in shorts and a tank top, running with ease and a perfect stride. And I hope you remember my face, when you feel inclined to whistle at me (you seem the type). I will probably ignore you, but I hear your slander, and use it to push myself and achieve distances I never thought possible. I certainly won't yell "run fatty run" when I'm cheering you on from the sidelines of your 5k, but I will sleep better knowing that I beat you to the finish line.
350Ann180
on 4/13/12 4:26 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12

Monica M.
on 4/13/12 4:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
well said, whoever said that.

MrsJButler
on 4/13/12 6:05 am - Canada
Awesome read, thanks!
happypants
on 4/13/12 6:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
 You really need post more, we've missed you!

Lovwd the post

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

irishangel1900
on 4/13/12 6:22 am - Binbrook , Canada
  Well said! 
Hannahmumma03
on 4/13/12 6:34 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
that is amazing to read! thanks for sharing!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Janet13
on 4/13/12 7:20 am - Toronto, Canada
Thank you.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

sam1am
on 4/13/12 7:23 am
Ya know, run fatty run would not have motivated me in the least, I would have gone and hidden under covers and cried myself to sleep, so I hope no one goes out and does this in hopes of motivating someone!  I'm glad it worked for the other women, though and yes, you should post more often Jon! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/12 7:26 am - Canada
Sandy I agree with you.  Im not sure it would motivate me to run either.  I would likely do indoor activities until I was really fit and THEN run outdoors again. Now...having said that, I'm sure the comment wouldve really made me angry and seeing someone COME BACK to do it again likely wouldve resulted in a right cross across the jaw. 
Most Active
Recent Topics