Eating way to much!!!

Brenda T.
on 4/15/12 10:12 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I start OF on April 30 and I find I'm eating a lot right now.  It's like I'm trying to eat all my favorites. Is this normal?  I know I'm bad, and it's probably making it harder on myself when I do start the OF.
Any thoughts?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Cammie S.
on 4/15/12 10:18 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 02/27/12
It is normal to go into a panic mode. I did the same things once i started the WLS process and gained 18 lbs. Do yourself a favour and only have small portions of your favourites. Especially so close to Surgery.

Good Luck!

Cammie

Monica M.
on 4/15/12 10:18 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Honestly, Brenda, this is totally normal behaviour. You're going through a "pre-grieving" period for food, trying to get in all your faves before its too late.

Optifast is difficult enough,  i would imagine, if you were a perfectly healthy eater prior to starting it, i dont think its going to change the level of difficulty. Might make the carb withdrawl a bit more taxing, but it is what it is.

sam1am
on 4/15/12 10:20 pm
You are completely normal, many call it the Last Supper Syndrome.  As far as I'm concerned, try to go easy, but don't dwell on it as the Optifast will smack you right back and get you ready for the road ahead of you.

How's that perfect husband, by the way?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 4/15/12 11:18 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
He is still perfect, he is such a darling, very supportive.  I'm very thankful.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sam1am
on 4/15/12 11:23 pm
I'm happy for you, Brenda - I'm sure you are perfect, yourself!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 4/15/12 11:28 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
lol well I wouldn't go that far. lol  He is definately my better half.  But he says I am. lol

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/15/12 10:22 pm
I think it's very normal. I ate what I wanted and where I wanted for a month.
I'm not sure why but I'm glad I did that. Maybe it was like saying goodbye. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/12 10:34 pm, edited 4/15/12 10:45 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
I started Optifast on April 3rd and about 3 days before I started the optifast I started to panic a little at the thought of  "OMGosh!!! I may never be able to eat some of my favorite foods again, what if after surgery and the after surgery diets my stomach just wont tolerate them" and I started to eat as much of my favorite stuff as I could but it didn't make the Optifast any harder because like one of the other girls said Optifast is a hard diet to get use to regardless of what you eat before hand.
rmichelleb
on 4/15/12 10:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
I started OF on April 11th and I did the exact same thing you did-eat up all my favourites. 
I agree with what someone else said about shrinking your portion size.  I was (and still am) in total shock from going from eating my regular portion sizes ( I had already switched to a smaller luncheon plate and didn't heap it up) to eating NOTHING! I find it so incredibly difficult and I wished I had have been warned before. Today is day 6 and I am feeling a little better (yesterday I actually baked muffins and a chocolate cake for the kids and DH) but last night I almost lost it again cooking a roast chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies for the family. Chewing gum helped.
I don't mean to scare you, but I just wished someone else had of stressed this to me. Good luck and if you need someone to talk to, just message me. My surgery is April 25th so I am just a couple wks before you.
Most Active
Recent Topics