Question

Brenda T.
on 5/11/12 1:59 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm looking at my "liquid" diet after I get home, it says strained soup, low fat cottage cheese, but it doesn't have yogurt on there?  seems strange to have low fat cottage cheese but not greek yogurt....  What do you think?
eeeek so excited!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen M.
on 5/11/12 2:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hmmm... I don't know why it's not on your list. Yogurt was definitely on my list.  Call and ask the dietician maybe.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Brenda T.
on 5/11/12 2:03 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks Karen.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 5/11/12 2:05 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
pretty sure it wsa on my list as well.

Brenda T.
on 5/11/12 2:07 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
well then, I will look again, lol

seemeshrink
on 5/11/12 2:15 am - Canada
RNY on 04/02/12
 It was not on my list from Ottawa, but when I asked the dietician she said definately yogurt should bon the list and it was an mistake.
Trisha
Brenda T.
on 5/11/12 2:18 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Ah there it is, the last item no sugar add yogurt. lol I guess I should read closer before I bother you kind people. lol

Catw
on 5/11/12 2:39 am - Arnprior, Canada
You should be excited!  Definitely enjoy the yogurt, bu****ch the sugar.  Not all low fat are sugar free (found out the hard way getting LF Activia).  My Mom couldn't handle the sugar as she's diabetic, so passed it down to me.  Brought one to work, and handled one spoonful.  Too sweet for me.  Notice a lot of things now that are overly sweet, like apple juice (tastes like apple candy at full strength).

Oh, and when you are adding things like crystal light to water after WLS, you'll notice a big difference in taste.  It tastes a lot sweeter now.  I'm now diluting it one single serve (for 500ml) to 2 L of water, tastes much better that way.

Cathy

Dianadcr
on 5/11/12 2:57 am - Canada
Good for you Brenda that you're preparing yourself. It's really important to be organized especially with Meds, food etc. You'll be a pro from the start. Cheers
  Diana

amarettogal
on 5/11/12 10:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
Please ask your nutritionalist.. I bought a low sugar plain yogurt..  hardly next to nothing protein.. and was adding beneprotein to it..

Now I mentioned this to a OH friend and said ya goof.. you need greek Yogurt... then I told her yes but the sugar is greather than 5gs... its somewhere like 9... that was ok... the nurtrionalist at the hospital even said it was ok to go upto 10gs but not more than 5% of your daily recommended intake, anyhow its got 9gs of protein .....I know cause I just bought some.. so .. talk to your nutritionalist  one will visit you post surgery 2nd day.

Good Luck hun.

The future has not been set there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Most Active
Recent Topics