Big NSV!!

babybuggie
on 5/23/12 8:40 am - Canada
 So...I started running a little while ago with a running app on my iphone.  It was a big step for me and a scary one too.  I had gone through numerous levels and was doing well when i found the next jump was a big one that i didnt think i could do.  I was afraid to fail so repeated one of the levels four times rather than move on to the next one and risk failing.  After the fourth time i gave myself a good talking to and realized that i would never let someone else tell me i couldnt do something so why was i letting myself?  So...i set out last night to do the next level.  Turns out i was not only able to complete the next level but i was also able to add two additional running intervals at the end of my run that werent part of it.  I was so happy i felt like i could fly!!  

Next big nsv also happened yesterday when i tried on a size 12 pair of pants and they fit.  I am not under any illusions yet that all size 12 pants will fit me but the fact that one pair does means that i am on my way to being out of the teen sizes.  Big accomplishment!!!  In the mean time I guess i will keep wearing my size 14 pants and periodically try on 12's until the 14's are simply too big to wear anymore.  

linda11665
on 5/23/12 10:07 am - Ottawa, Canada
Isn't that the most amazing feeling in the world.  

I wish we could bottle that feeling up, and on days when we can't think we can do it, take a sniff of that bottle.

Way to go...I love, love running now also..

Linda 

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
tango123
on 5/23/12 12:27 pm
Your story sounds like me a few months ao. Your body remembers your active days and will respond quickly. As for the size 12's...I never though tthe day would come. I still hold up my pants and think..these little things fit me??
congrats...a few more weeks and you'll be rocking the 12's no problem
avivaps
on 5/23/12 9:07 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 Inspiring!!  Congrats and thanks for sharing. 

Andrea

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Toni B.
on 5/24/12 9:32 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Toni, what was the name of the running app you used on your iPhone?

Congrats by the way, that is an awesome NSV!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

babybuggie
on 5/24/12 11:18 am - Canada
It's called 5K runner.  There is a free version that lets you try it out for the first four or five levels and then if you like it and want to continue using it you have to pay for the full app.  I love it because i turn my music on before i start running and then start the app.  The program turns down my music to tell me when to start and stop running and then turns it back up again.  It also continues to run even if it is on in the background and your phone goes on stand by.  I would highly recommend u try it out!!  One tip though.  Make sure you dont forget you have your phone on vibrate or you wont hear tr instructions lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics