OT - Prayers needed for forest fires in Northern Ontario

babybuggie
on 5/24/12 7:02 am - Canada
 Hi all.  I wouldnt normally do something like this but my parents live in Kirkland Lake where a terrible forest fire has been burning extremely close to.  This afternoon it was announced a new forest fire has started a little further outside of town that has resulted in the closure of highway 11 and another highway.  In addition timmins has declared a state of emergency due to another terrible forest fire close to there which is even larger than the Kirkland Lake fire and completely out of control.  With all this fire so close together it will mean that neither fire will have access to full resources so I ask that everyone pray for the families in that area as well as the safety of all of the firefighters and emergency responders who are putting their lives on the line to try and protect the safety and property of families. Rain would be a godsend right now!!

Toni

Catw
on 5/24/12 7:33 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Thanks for the info as I have family up there as well.  I hope that the cost of these ones aren't too high.  And unless things have changed since I lived in that area, I'm sure everyone is rallying around each other.

If anyone here is from Timmins, please update us as you can, we would like to know you are safe.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 7:51 am
The forecast is calling for rain on the weekend but the winds are picking up.  We have some smaller fire down here around North Bay.  It is scary dry out there.  One lightning strike could be disaster.

Take care ViVi and all others up there in the tritowns, KL and Timmins and area.
babybuggie
on 5/24/12 11:21 am - Canada
 Im in north bay too

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 8:07 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Thank you!! My Mom just got here from Kirkland Lake and my Dad, Brother Aunts Uncles, neices and friends are all still there. As happy as I am to be heading for sugery I am very scared for everyone there...close family friends may have lost everything including their animals today its devastating!!

Thank you for thoughts and wishes!!
Toni B.
on 5/24/12 9:26 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Amen Toni!

Everyone....please do a rain dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAIN is the helping hand we need!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

denise_norman
on 5/24/12 10:41 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
 Sending positive thoughts and prayers to everyone in those areas!  Hope everyone will be ok, 

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

cayleighsmom
on 5/24/12 10:52 am
RNY on 06/05/12
seding love and prayers.  my nephew is on his way there tonight to help with the animlas.  He works with the SPCA and they have been called to help with the rescue of animals.  I pray all are safe
Karen M.
on 5/24/12 11:31 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful thing for him to do.  Wishing him the very best.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Vi-Vi
on 5/24/12 8:23 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 I really hoping everyone is safe!  The fire in Kirkland Lake is much closer to the town!  I'm from Timmins and many places have been evacuated!  I'm just listening to the news and we are getting a little rain here in Timmins but no way near enough as they are expecting high winds again today!   
They are really  scared of shifting winds.  They stated that it is the biggest fire in Ontario.  If you want to look at this fire it is called Timmins 09 on the Ministry of Natural Resources.   They did say it is 35 km away from downtown!  We do have lots of smoke and ashes falling over the City & the poor ppl in Kirland lake is even worse!  Those poor ppl with no central air as you can't open your windows and it is so hot!  So to all of you who have family in Kirland Lale my prayers are with you especially seniors and ppl with breathing issues!  Some of you are so far away from your families and that is frightening when you don't get the whole story and many rumors!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics