thanks to ottawa hospital

csangano
on 7/30/12 12:58 am
  everything started a 2 years ago,  when you are overweighted and still manage to live your life like everybody else , that's very dangerous. 

we all heard overweight people stories, mine is a bit a different i didn't suffer from overweight problem so i didn't consider as a problem , my parents will tell me to lose weight , but I didn't want to because it wasn't a problem for me

lucky like I am , I never had diabetes , high blood pressure , heart disease , cholesterol, anything that will push me to loose weight 
Socially speaking my friend and family, accepted the way I was, 

In the last 7 years I manage to gain 120 pounds then that's when the problem started emerging,
first of all I started being out of breath, my back was hurting , I develloped sleep apnea, everytime that's I was going to sleep I was afraid to die

I started some diet , that didn't work then my family doctor referred me to the weight loss clinic in ottawa

when I started the program I couldn't wait to have my RYGB done and it was like time stopped

because I couldn't wait to lose weight , also I wanted do it first and recommend my dad to do it 

unfortunately he passed away last year in october of stroke (CVA) , that"s became one the reason why I wanted to do it so bad , to show him everytime that he told me to lose weight and I didn't listen to him, I am sorry I should have done it long time ago .

most of the people, will say that it's the easy way out , but i ensure you the year before your surgery ain't easy at all, 

today I am 11 weeks post op , starting my 12 weeks and 81.6 pounds lost , now I know that it's possible and it's working 
hoping that by the end of next year i will reach my ideal weight

thank you Dr Yelle , thanks to the ottawa staff member 

niceeyes72
on 7/30/12 1:05 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Congratulations on your success!
It's too bad your Dad won't be around for your success....He will be watching over you.

Keep up the great work!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

sam1am
on 7/30/12 1:15 am
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  I'm sure your Dad would be very proud of you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Chanelle1022
on 7/30/12 1:27 am
I, like yourself have lost my dad.

Believe me when I say, he is up there watching you and is proud.

Keep making him proud and go the distance !!

Congrats :)

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

Btrue2u
on 7/30/12 2:24 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Great story can't wait for my journey to begin.  By the way sounds like you are doing a terrific job ...and welcome to the forum  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Ottawa34
on 7/30/12 4:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I hate hearing when ppls say we took the easy road with surgery.  If they knew everything we'gd had to go through just to get surgery and then all the work that needs to be done after I think they might change their tune.  

We have a tool and have to use it right, congrats on your surgery and your awesome weight loss do far.  I'm sure your dad is watching and is proud of all that your doing.

Keep up the good work !  

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

cutekatie
on 7/30/12 12:36 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
Welcome and I'm so glad you are happy with your current success and ongoing success. That is very sad about your father :(

I am also 11 weeks out - I had surgery May 16th so you must have been the Monday surgeries (aka we just missed each other at the hospital).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Blu-Diva
on 7/30/12 12:59 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 congrats on super success, and welcome

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

csangano
on 7/31/12 4:25 pm
 thanks very much for welcoming me on this forum, and all the support, hoping to be friend with all you
Most Active
Recent Topics