St. Joes Hamilton Timeline??

Chelsea1
on 8/1/12 1:22 am, edited 8/1/12 1:38 am - Canada

Good morning,

I am new to this site; however, not new to being overweight. I was referred for WLS on June 22, 2012 and received an orientation date of January 7 2013 at St. Joes in Hamilton. I am just wondering how long every one else had to wait  or what the process was like. Can you have the pre-tests done by your referring physician?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Chelsea

lexxiblue
on 8/1/12 1:45 am
RNY on 01/11/12
 holy friggin!! 6 months?? wow....i know it took me just over a year for all my meetings and testings until i had surgery at st joe's in hamilton! i took it upon myself to get the testing done on my own instead of waiting... asked my family doc to refer me to the sleep clinic on frid, as well as colonoscopy (cuz i'm over 50) and the endoscopy. the ultrasound (on your tummy) will be refered by the clinic and i can't remember if there are any other tests.  the clinic will also give you a script for the bloodwork which you will get done at st joe's! welcome to the forum and good luck!!
trudylam
on 8/1/12 1:47 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi there and welcome to this site! :)  I had my surgery done in Hamilton last May and it was 6 months from orientation to surgery.  You will most likely have your surgery next June or July if your orientation is in January.  It's very typical for the wait to be 12-18 months from the time of referral.  I was 13 months from referral to surgery.  You have to have the bariatric clinic order the tests because they need to get the results.  Best of luck to you on your journey.  They are really great in Hamilton!

Trudy.
Chelsea1
on 8/1/12 2:52 am - Canada
Thank you both for the information. I have done a lot of research to this point but it seems as though the timelines are almost a case-by-case basis, which is informative as well.

Trudy, good to hear about Hamilton! You look fantastic! Also happy to hear about the things you can do now!
thunderhand
on 8/1/12 4:10 am - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
 i was the same as trudy   six months  start to finish.
MrsBunny
on 8/1/12 4:53 am
I have waited 5 months for my orintation at st Joes and its in Nov. They are saying up to 8 months from that point till surgery.
Carole1974
on 8/1/12 5:18 am - Welland, Canada
 Hi for me start to finish was 8 months

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

spicy_cyn
on 8/1/12 12:16 pm - Welland, Canada
 Hi I am from welland and go for my first educational meeting on Aug. 29th. How long was your stay in hospital?
Carole1974
on 8/2/12 12:59 pm - Welland, Canada

Hi my hospital stay was 4 days Dr Gmora made me stay an extra day because I was not intaking enough fluids so he was worried about dehidration. If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Welland do you live?

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

spicy_cyn
on 8/2/12 1:07 pm - Welland, Canada
 I live over by Memorial park.  I am getting excited about starting on this journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics