Family photos for the first time and other NSV's

babybuggie
on 7/30/12 1:26 pm - Canada
So my surgery was October 3rd and so much has changed it's hard to express.  Some changes have been fantastic and others have presented quite a challange in my life.  My husband and I have been together for seven years and for the first time in our relationship I felt ready to get family photos taken.  We were fortunate enough to have a fantastic family friend who is also a photographer and he came to stay with us for the weekend with his lovely wife and he spent a whole day taking family photos as we were out and about.  The whole experience was fantastic  but what a change when you look at the pics. 

IMG_0033-1.jpg image by Toni_Callahan IMG_0031.jpg image by Toni_Callahan  
This was taken the day before my surgery on October 2nd, 2011.  Wow...9 months and so much has changed.

125-1.jpg image by Toni_Callahan IMG_5977-1.jpg image by Toni_Callahan

These ones were taken about four or five months post op.

photo-5.jpg image by Toni_Callahan photo-4.jpg image by Toni_Callahan photo-2.jpg image by Toni_Callahan
And this was me and my family three weeks ago for our family photos.  Down 150 pounds and counting.   

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 1:49 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
 WOW you look amazing!! Congrats :) i also have not taken any family pictures and i look forward to doing this with my children. 
Seeing before and after pictures is so inspiring, so thank you!!
babybuggie
on 7/30/12 1:52 pm - Canada
 Other big NSV I meant to post above was regarding my running progress.  I have to say that pre-op and pre weight loss I wouldn't have been able to run across the street to save my soul but I have been training with a running app on my iPhone for several months now.  Through that journey I have to admit that it was often my own doubts about myself that we're holding me back but I fought through them and in the process have learned what an incredible thing our body can be when we push ourselves and work hard.  In the beginning I struggled to run for thirty second intervals and slowly I worked myself up to two minute intervals.  At that point I kept repeating the level on my app because I was sure I couldn't run three minute intervals.  That was two months ago before I learned to stop doubting myself and my body.  Today for the first time I ran 25 minutes straight with no breaks.  Omg...I can't believe it!!  

Cindyloowho
on 7/30/12 2:29 pm - London, Canada
 Your pictures are great, I bet you feel as good as you look.  I hate having my picture taken and throw out any that I find I am in.  The last family picture that I would even get in and still have was when my boys were 3 and 4 (I was about 75 lbs less then) now they are 18 and 17 and it sure would be nice to have pictures with them.  Seeing yours that has inspired me whenever I have my surgery to strive to get the pictures taken before they are out of their teens.  Thanks for the inspiration and congrats to you.
Poppy53
on 7/30/12 3:16 pm - Timmins, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations on your 150 lb weight loss! Your family photos are beautiful. You certainly have achieved a lot in a relatively short amount of time. It's very encouraging to see & hear of people who have done so well with their WLS. Thanks for sharing
Kerigan
on 7/30/12 4:08 pm
 Your family photos are beautiful.. you look so happy!! 
Sarahs_journey
on 7/30/12 4:24 pm - London, Canada
YOu look GrEaT!  you should be so proud!  I'm sure your family is thrilled to have you active and engaged in a new way with your weight loss!  I hope someday to be posting 'after pics' too!  It helps to see others who have gone from where I am to where I want to be!  CONGRATS and thanks for the inspiration!
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
Allaryanna
on 7/30/12 6:13 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
You look fantastic and so young and happy.

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Btrue2u
on 7/30/12 6:32 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Wow you are breath taking and so is your family.   

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Monica M.
on 7/30/12 6:36 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
gorgeous!!

Most Active
Recent Topics