Sigh...so slow

babybuggie
on 8/20/12 7:23 pm - Canada
 Hi all.  Figured it was time for me to post a quick update since its been a while.  I am now officially ten pounds away from my goal weight of 150 pounds.  Unfortunately my weight loss has slowed right down and I'm pretty sure if I am able to lose these last ten pounds it's going to be at a snails pace.  I started seeing a personal trainer on April 23 and she did my weight and measurements at that time.  She re-did them again a couple weeks ago and here is a summary of my progress since then...

Lost 25 pounds
1.5 inches off my arms
2.5 inches off my thighs
2.25 inches off my chest :-( 
3.25 inches off my waist
6 inches off my hips 
And 1.25 inches off my calves

I wish I had my measurements from pre-op but I don't.  I am also proud to announce that I am training to run a 5K in October and both my husband and dad have decided to join me in support.  How blessed am I to have such wonderful supportive people in my life?  So far I can do the 5K in 35 minutes and that is with a three minute warm up walk.  I can't believe I'm running.  I am a runner!!  Woo hoo

cchdryder
on 8/20/12 7:31 pm
VSG on 01/14/13
Love it!!!!  this is a miracle.  Do/did you have any joint/arthritis going into wls?

Referral: June 22, 2012  Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH Keele
Surgeon's appt: July 25th RD, SW & RN:
Aug 10, 2012 
Surgery:  Jan 14, 2013              

babybuggie
on 8/21/12 6:23 am - Canada
 Hey there.  No arthritis going into surgery but my right knee has been bothering me since I started running.  I think it's a touch of arthritis I've developed as a result of an old injury.  Hopefully it doesn't get worse and stop me from running :-(
macrobug1
on 8/20/12 7:57 pm

Congratulations! 

ShallowGirl
on 8/20/12 8:54 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Muscle weighs more than fat ! I bet you are sizes down with all those inches off! Congratulations.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Patm
on 8/21/12 6:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
That sounds fantastic. You must look great. Good luck on your 5k. I am training to do the Toronto MS bike tour of 30k. You can do 50 but I think I'll leave that for next year.  I have a lot of arthritis and joint pain so running will never be my thing but I do love my bike!
Congratulations on your progress and i hope the 10 disappear for you.

magpie4495
on 8/21/12 6:17 am - Canada
Congratulations on your success - keep up the hard work.  I started working with a personal trainer about 10 weeks ago and also joined a rec roller derby league and practice 5 hrs a week.  Since I've been active the scale has hardly moved for me.  I am coming up to month 9 and in the last two months I have lost 10 lbs.  In the last 6 weeks - 0.  I have lost inches and know that muscle weighs more than fat but I would still like to shed the last 25lbs I feel I need to loose.

You mentioned you've slowed right down...just curious where you are post-op and if your slow down started when the exercise started?
Thanks
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

babybuggie
on 8/21/12 6:27 am - Canada
 Hey there.  I had my surgery in October of last year so I am ten months out from surgery.  My weight loss did slow down some when I started seeing the trainer but it did continue to come off.  I noticed a pattern of decreased weight loss over times I was doing more strength training and increased weight loss when I was doing more cardio.  The inches continue to come off while doing both but because you build more muscle mass from weights the scale doesn't move as much
jennlea
on 8/21/12 5:46 pm - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
Great job! You should be proud

Jenn

Referral to Guelph: 3-May-11    Orientation: 22-Mar-12     Nurse & Dietitian: 30-Apr-12     Sleep Study: 2-May-12                 Social Worker: 9-May-12       Upper GI: 14-May-12      Ultrasound: 17-May-12         N, D, SW (2nd. appt.): 4-Jul-12          Post Op. Class: 9-Sept-12    Surgeon: 24-Oct-12      Optifast: 22-Nov-12    PAT: 30-Nov-12      Surgery: 6-Dec-12 

Most Active
Recent Topics